• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What ever happened to Phil Levine

63 posts in this topic

Hi, It's Phil Levine . I believe that I have a few copies of an unknown DC GIVEAWAY COMIC BOOK. In 1987 when I won the national Auction of E. Nelson Bridwell's Estate I found a few copies of an eight page full size comic book without a slick cover. The rear cover is blank. The comic is called "CLARK THE K". The comic can be found in Superman #182 as part 2 of a story and it can also be found as a glued or bound in insert in the hard cover book "Murray the K tells it like it is baby". What I have are what I believe are the actual proof copies before the were sent off to the publisher of the hard cover book. They are in perfect cindition and were originally in a blank envelope which I discarded years ago. I would be willing to sell 2 copies at $2500 each. My opinion is that these are the rarest DC giveaway comics in existance. Again -- that's my opinion -- collecting giveaway comics all my life and having the largest giveaway comic collection in the world and being Overstreets giveaway advisor for the last million years give or take a few. If there is any interest in these comics let me know. Thanks, Phil Levine -- Yes -- I am paperpeddler on ebay and I am happily married to my lovely wife Lenore for 38 years contrary to wild guesses and made up stories with no basis on these boards.

Hi, It's Phil Levine . I believe that I have a few copies of an unknown DC GIVEAWAY COMIC BOOK. In 1987 when I won the national Auction of E. Nelson Bridwell's Estate I found a few copies of an eight page full size comic book without a slick cover. The rear cover is blank. The comic is called "CLARK THE K". The comic can be found in Superman #182 as part 2 of a story and it can also be found as a glued or bound in insert in the hard cover book "Murray the K tells it like it is baby". What I have are what I believe are the actual proof copies before the were sent off to the publisher of the hard cover book. They are in perfect cindition and were originally in a blank envelope which I discarded years ago. I would be willing to sell 2 copies at $2500 each. My opinion is that these are the rarest DC giveaway comics in existance. Again -- that's my opinion -- collecting giveaway comics all my life and having the largest giveaway comic collection in the world and being Overstreets giveaway advisor for the last million years give or take a few. If there is any interest in these comics let me know. Thanks, Phil Levine -- Yes -- I am paperpeddler on ebay and I am happily married to my lovely wife Lenore for 38 years contrary to wild guesses and made up stories with no basis on these boards.

Cue Ian Levine (try a search...;-) ).

Great reading your stories. It's true that I was in diapers in the early 70's, but appreciate the history quite a bit!