• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I believe that the comic market will never crash

190 posts in this topic

I've been reading a lot of threads that predict the comic crash is coming. I tend to disagree with this. Each and every year new collectors are purchasing new comics and more than likely purchasing back issues.

Two things...

The market has crashed a good number of times over the years...new releases after the whole X-Men #1/Spider-man #1 debacle, Silver Age in the late 90s...and it will crash again. It's simply a question of when, not if, and just how far it will fall.

Second, there are a lot less people coming into the hobby every year than there are leaving. You only have to look at the print run on new books these days to realise that readership is generally running at about 5% of what it was 20 years ago.

Second, there are a lot less people coming into the hobby every year than there are leaving. You only have to look at the print run on new books these days to realise that readership is generally running at about 5% of what it was 20 years ago.

Maybe everyone's reading back issuse now? crazy.gif

thumbsup2.gif I often wonder who I'm gonna sell this collection to when I get old or lose interest. Mile High Chuck Jr. confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif I often wonder who I'm gonna sell this collection to when I get old or lose interest. Mile High Chuck Jr. confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I not a shill you insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I have no idea why you're accusing me of this!!

You're a shill for pedigreeking and sportmainiac (ebay seller: kreativekomixs). You've got the exact same M.O. Whenever someone calls you on it and you realize you can't get away from it, you disappear and show back up less than 24 hours later with a different name. Then you start to flood the boards with the same inane method of starting numerous posts in the same style as before.

Go crawl back under the rock that you came out of you dwarf. This is the welcome I get for joining the boards, thanks J---off

Just as a reminder for everyone...here's a thread he started as Pedigreeking titled "Has anyone ever bought from...".

In that thread, he was asking if anyone had ever bought from kreativekomixs because he was interested in their books. It turned out that he is kreativekomixs on eBay and he was trying to pimp his own auctions in here.

Notice how the title is very similar to funtasticfours recent "whatever happened to..." type of threads?