• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloody diner shootout, anyone? Please grade...

10 posts in this topic

...this Crime Does Not Pay 36! Really nice-looking book with a near-VF appearance, sharp edges & bright inks, but a handful of heartbreaking flaws bring down the grade:

1) loose piece lower left corner frown.gif ...literally hanging by a thread, so you should probably assume it's detached for the purposes of grading

2) some pull on the single staple, though cover still attached

3) slight reading crease in the yellow area near the right edge, about 2" long...doesn't break color

4) this one's tricky...a slight vertical "wave" thru the middle of the book...not a crease, but a very subtle wave as if perhaps a heavier book briefly rested on it...no effect on the gloss or color at all (in other words, yet another book that's not living up to its Full Potential...) tongue.gif

5) a bit of discoloration at the bottom of the back cover.

I'm usually pretty confident in the mid-grades, but this one is a toughie...would love to know where you guys come out on this one. Thanks in advance!

cdnp36.jpg

cdnp36back.jpg

I wouldn't grade it any lower than a 6.0 sumo.gif

gossip.gif but, then again . . . I wouldn't grade it any higher! grin.gif

Certainly no lower than a 5.0, even with the staining to the BC, the chip to the LLFC and the stress at the lone staple . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif