• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA,...everybody's doing it

28 posts in this topic

Have people noticed an accretion in collectors over the last year or so?

Never liked it when people were uneccessarily sesquipedalian... poke2.gif

Chris

I too am new. I've only been collecting for less than a year but man do I ever love this hobby and wish I'd found it sooner so I could've had a chance at some art that I like but can't afford.

I find it's really addictive in what to buy next, where to look, what to hunt down, bargaining, etc. I love it!!!

There are new collectors, but I think most of them collect current art. I haven't notice much of an increase in terms of people collecting older material. Usually when something nice comes up from the Silver or Bronze ages, the usually suspects dive at it.

Most new collectors come in with lesser amounts of money that they're willing to spend. As the addiction sets in, they start buying higher end pieces and spending more money. I remember when I first started, a thousand bucks was my limit. Now, I don't think I've bought anything under 5K in years. Not something I'm proud of, by the way!

There are new collectors, but I think most of them collect current art. I haven't notice much of an increase in terms of people collecting older material. Usually when something nice comes up from the Silver or Bronze ages, the usually suspects dive at it.

Most new collectors come in with lesser amounts of money that they're willing to spend. As the addiction sets in, they start buying higher end pieces and spending more money. I remember when I first started, a thousand bucks was my limit. Now, I don't think I've bought anything under 5K in years. Not something I'm proud of, by the way!

I honestly believe its ALLLL good. Bringing new blood into OA, however it gets here, is instrumental to sustaining the medium and the market. A 'reverse tricke down economic' effect takes place as the newbie $$$ eventually floats upstream. That said if I was collecting new stuff, it'd defintely be 'Sandman' art as that stuff is f-in righteous. thumbsup2.gif

That said if I was collecting new stuff, it'd defintely be 'Sandman' art as that stuff is f-in righteous. thumbsup2.gif

It is righteous -- I just wish it were "newbie cheap"! frown.gif That's a title that's really mid-grade. Any "good" page is about 1K, almost always, unless you get something at a good price. Then to buy an "excellent" example runs about 1.5K and up.

That's the role a title like Ex Machina serves for me. A currently published book that it doesn't kill you to buy interiors or the occasional cover from, but satisfying to collect.

did you knew this word too...?!

http://www.answers.com/shill

wink.gif27_laughing.gifhi.gif

regards

I honestly find this laughable. Who am I swindling? I collect Original Comic art and post on the subject. This board is paraniod to the 9th degree.

so...care to share some of your OA, or by any chances you're afraid it might go down in value just because you've posted a pic of it???!!! grin.gif

let us know, oKK...?! 27_laughing.gif

regards