• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7.5 to 8 really?

35 posts in this topic

Nope, definitely a 3, I see it on the cover, upper right. No doubt a 3.

If you value your life, I'd suggest you never try making a right turn at a red light.

Really, what issue number is this book?

Nope, definitely a 3, I see it on the cover, upper right. No doubt a 3.

If you value your life, I'd suggest you never try making a right turn at a red light.

Really, what issue number is this book?

I don't see any issue number in the upper right corner.

aardvarkps sucks. Period. Stay far away, this guy's "gems" are garbage.

Blunt and to the point.

No sugar coating here poke2.gif

October , tell us how you really feel buddy...be free 27_laughing.gif

The guy does regularly overgrade but i have bought some nice stuff for a good price. You can bid accordingly. As for the book, that foxing is allowed in varying degrees up to 9.2 or 9.4 (can't remember) acc. to OS. I'd say (and i could be wrong) that this book is in the 6.0 range, maybe less.

JMHO.

the book has no gloss, foxing is fugly ( one of the worst I have seen ), tear on upper right, page quality of Cream to dk brown. Need I go on?

6.0? No way

BUT, I am willing to make a deal here...

you buy my FF's, and I will be happy to agree!

smile.gif

Artboy99

aardvarkps sucks. Period. Stay far away, this guy's "gems" are garbage.

Blunt and to the point.

No sugar coating here poke2.gif

October , tell us how you really feel buddy...be free 27_laughing.gif

The guy does regularly overgrade but i have bought some nice stuff for a good price. You can bid accordingly. As for the book, that foxing is allowed in varying degrees up to 9.2 or 9.4 (can't remember) acc. to OS. I'd say (and i could be wrong) that this book is in the 6.0 range, maybe less.

JMHO.

the book has no gloss, foxing is fugly ( one of the worst I have seen ), tear on upper right, page quality of Cream to dk brown. Need I go on?

6.0? No way

BUT, I am willing to make a deal here...

you buy my FF's, and I will be happy to agree!

smile.gif

Artboy99

So you can tell how glossy a book is from a scan? Darn Vulcan! you gotta teach me that. BTW, if i had my desktop here, I'd show you a scan of a CGC 8.5 Ritchie Rich #1 with foxing so bad, that youd think this FF book was a white cover Ultimate Spierman #1 variant cover! ....any how, i qualified the 6.0 or less as MO, so think what you will....

BTW, you're o.k. even if you dis-agree with me (ie your wrong).

yay.gif

WHY OH WHY don't I read this board more carefully before making a (for me) major purchase: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32726&item=6598813996

Clearly overgraded so maybe reading this wouldn't have mattered... but I got caught up in the moment and was hoping it would be in the 6.0 range. foreheadslap.gif

Well, if it looks worse in-hand I'll ask for a return... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

WHY OH WHY don't I read this board more carefully before making a (for me) major purchase: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32726&item=6598813996

Clearly overgraded so maybe reading this wouldn't have mattered... but I got caught up in the moment and was hoping it would be in the 6.0 range. foreheadslap.gif

Well, if it looks worse in-hand I'll ask for a return... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Sadly, I knew exactly who you were referencing before I went to the ebay page. This guy is a notorious overgrader and I have avoided him based upon comments I've read here.

In fact, I've avoided a lot of sellers based upon information gleaned from these boards. thumbsup2.gif

This seller has been on our radar a long time. Suspected of buying slabbed books, breaking them out and selling raw at a higher grade. Also, possibly buying PLODs that never seem to be resold as restored books.

Red

Yep, this is what he does sumo.gif

Hi Fellow Boarders,

Well, would you like to have some fun watching some CURRENT books Aardvarkps has on Ebay right now?

Try these:

X-Men #9

Original purchase item number: 6594898183 CGC 7.5

Current Auction item number: 6602691891 Upgraded to 8.0 - 8.5

Fantastic Four #25

Original purchase item number: 6594900333 CGC 5.5

Current Auction item number: 6602691881

Fantastic Four #26

Original purchase item number: 6594900624 CGC 6.0

Current Auction item number: 6602691881 it's being sold as lot with #25

BOTH are amazingly now graded at 7.5. Look closely at the original pics and you'll see some very similar features compared to the current books up now.

Recently, he's done well on that FF#3 and an FF#12 that was seriously upgraded.

Anyone have any other examples of these amazing transformations from CGC mid grades to unslabbed high grades?

Discuss Christo_pull_hair.gif