• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEST BRONZE AGE COVER?

111 posts in this topic

I'd have to agree with the sentiments in the earlier thread - not counting undergrounds - the best BA covers are generally the Wrightson horror stuff, Adams Batman, and Kubert war books. Barry Windsor Smith did a few nice Conan covers, and Kaluta's work is worth mentioning - Kirby still had some flair - but nothing compares to his SA covers. Most of the great covers were done 1970-74, not much memorable stuff done in the late Bronze era. As much as I like Miller's Daredevil - the covers aren't as memorable as the stories, and Byrne and Perez leave me cold.

thanks for the link. yea those are all great covers.

i don't know what it is though about the avengers #92 thru say #110

such great books. if i see one in nice condition i buy it. here is my #110.

the avengers, the x-men, magneto, what more could you want!a9a avengers 110.JPG" width="572" height="825

another of my favorite books from the same era is this one: detective #419.

detective comics 419.JPG" width="566" height="809

Outstanding cover; it's beautifully rendered and really tells it's own story. I've recently garnered a taste for Wrightson's work; Swamp Thing #5 & #7 (the best of an outstanding bunch), House of Secrets #89 & #94 and House of Mystery #100 (my favourite) are all covers I admire.

best bronze age cover.

this is my choice. something about it just feels 70's bronze.<br>

with the classic super hero all out battle. neal adams rules!!!

<br>

<br>

a1a avengers 93.JPG" width="572" height="819

That issue and Thor 193 came out the same month. Totally classic covers

Ill throw this one out for debate.

ASM112.jpg

Hmmm, some of these cover have in fact NOT been nominated among the 50 covers nominated so far for the TOP BA Covers voting poll.... poke2.gif C'mon you slackers how hard is it to PM me a list (I'll get the scans) of up to 3 of your favorite covers????

When greggy's romance stuff wins I don't want no whinning. tongue.gif