• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEST BRONZE AGE COVER?

111 posts in this topic

Love that Shadow cover. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Whats with the Shadow's nose? I dont know much about the character, but like to know more about his powers etc... and why his nose is so huge? 27_laughing.gif

Who Nose What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Men?

The Shadow Nose. yay.gif

27_laughing.gif Pretty clever.

crazy.gif I was pretty sure I'd come in today to find myself flamed.gif for that horrible pun... boo.gif

Two questions:

1) What were they thinking when they created Robin?

and

2) Why did they feel the need to ruin an otherwise pretty cool cover by adding him on it?

I could answer these questions, but Norrin would throw a fit. screwy.gif

Whatchutalkinabout, Andy?! I was the first to proclaim my love for pre-Robin Detectives. I can't help it if your anti-Robin rant is so predictable.

But just for that, I'm going to buy and send to you a full run of Robin and ship them COD. poke2.gif

Two questions:

1) What were they thinking when they created Robin?

and

2) Why did they feel the need to ruin an otherwise pretty cool cover by adding him on it?

I could answer these questions, but Norrin would throw a fit. screwy.gif

Whatchutalkinabout, Andy?! I was the first to proclaim my love for pre-Robin Detectives. I can't help it if your anti-Robin rant is so predictable.

But just for that, I'm going to buy and send to you a full run of Robin and ship them COD. poke2.gif

NOOOOOOO! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Damn your black heart!

One of the best cut HOS 88's I have ever seen. You are very, very lucky to own that copy.

It is the ONLY square-cut copy of this book in existance.

In fact, I heard drbanner fought CHUCK NORRIS for it! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

One of the best cut HOS 88's I have ever seen. You are very, very lucky to own that copy.

And BILL BRASKY, at the same time!!

---------------------------------robinshock.jpg

And BILL BRASKY, at the same time!!

Yeah, I know Bill Brasky. He's a 10 foot-tall beast-man, who showers in vodka, and feeds his baby shrimp scampi.

Did I ever tell you about the time Bill Brasky sold me into slavery? Oh, yeah! He puts me on a ship to Thailand, right? And I'm chained to a pipe. Meanwhile, ol' Brasky, he's back in the States siring three beautiful children with my wife!

This is in my top ten favorite Bronze Covers, and my favorite Adams Batman cover overall. Yes, this is my copy by the way. wink.gif

1025142-Detective-408-94%28TS%29.jpg

But it looks like a panel page! 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, I agree, a great cover. I actually had this issue as a kid, then lost it, forgot about it, and came across it again when i started collecting comics years later.

This is in my top ten favorite Bronze Covers, and my favorite Adams Batman cover overall. Yes, this is my copy by the way. wink.gif

I agree, Robin disintegrating before your eyes is very special. For some reason I dig Bats 220 as well. It must be the multiple frames or something.

Someone better nominate this one and 'Tec 423. sumo.gif I was too busy propping up the LD nominees. crazy.gif

I agree, Robin disintegrating before your eyes is very special. For some reason I dig Bats 220 as well. It must be the multiple frames or something.

Someone better nominate this one and 'Tec 423. sumo.gif I was too busy propping up the LD nominees. crazy.gif

Dominguez ROCKS headbang.gif trust me there were other supporters grin.gif

Not the only one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif