• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about Kaluta, where, how much?

4 posts in this topic

I'm getting closer to buying my first page and while I have it all picked out and will probably go ahead and do it tomorrow, I'm already looking further down the road and the guy I'd probably like to have a piece from is Michael Wm. Kaluta. I just love his covers and portfolio pieces. The linework, the draftsmanship, the composition, he's the just awesome. Does he have a regular outlet for his new work like Lucifer and whatnot? And where are the best places to look for older stuff. What I'd most like to get is a nice page or two from Starstruck (one of my top 5 comics of all time). Maybe a nice cover or something. My other question is how much his stuff goes for. I'm sure things like Shadow covers and the like are way, way out of my price range, but how about the more obscure things, like interior Starstruck pages? And obviously prices vary tremendously based on various things, but if the minimum price is in the 4-digit range I won't bother.

Albert moy has a nice Kaluta/dave stevens shadow/rocketeer pin-up and it is five grand. But it is just a spectacular piece. Lesser pieces maybe splash pages might run between 5 hundred to 2 grand it also depends on what you are looking for. His old DC horror stuff is kinda pricey. You Might contact stronguy he got a commission from him awhile back. He might beable to give you a better number.

I'd love to get a Lucifer cover featuring Mazikeen.

Have you checked HERE YET?

I had breakfast with Mike about four months ago, as he lives on the Upper West Side. He's an incredibly nice guy. He still has a lot of his art, including some famous pieces, but they're not for sale. I'm sure he'd be willing to do commissions, though. Email him.