• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay grades on ASMs - agree or disagree???

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking at this auction, specifically for the 121 and 122. I see "ink stains" as a flaw and immediately worry, when I see that they're mixed with a grade of VF (either VF + or - , depending on the book). I don't think I've ever seen books look like that before - is that resultant from the books being sprayed while bundled at the newsstand to mark the dates they came in?

Could you please have look at the pics in the ebay link below and let me know what you think of the grades assigned to these books.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

It is "manufacturer spray" I believe. For some reason people like this disgusting stuff as long as it is from the factory. If we as collectors do the same error it becomes the plague. CGC will not start deducting for the spray until very high grade.

I think they are a nice bunch of books but I do not agree with grades given. Looks consistently off by 1.0. Also, the corners are not particular sharp. Long as you bid based with that in mind, you should be fine.