• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze X-Men/Pheonix, post movie reaction?

76 posts in this topic

The pre-[!@#%^&^] Wolverine (as in X-Men 94-175 or so) is a very interesting character, with a lot of potential. I do realize It's tough to separate the "Magneto sucked his adamantium/bone claws/Origin/etc." crapola version from the cool one.

Remember Darth, with very few exceptions, I don't read the new drek anymore, and suddenly I'm glad. 27_laughing.gif

Are you saying that Marvel retconned Wolvie back to a Skrull since the beginning? Or just a point in time?

There was a while there are Marvel, where the hacks would just trot out a) Clones, b) Skrulls or c) Memory Implants to explain away everything, and act like they were literary geniuses for doing so.

Smack on the Noggin!!! makepoint.gif

If Jean was using her Teklekenisis maybey she has to be directly in sight of the object with nothign blocking her powers..

well then how do you explain the destruction of the 2 missiles from the aircraft that were trying to force them to land??she destroyed those and she didnt see them??

I also feel like she had a psycic rapport with wolverine when she died he was positive the way he said "she's gone" "she's gone"

Are you saying that Marvel retconned Wolvie back to a Skrull since the beginning? Or just a point in time?

I hope Darth is just yanking your chain here (or talking Ultimate...cough.. X-Men). I have no knowledge of this Skrull thing happening. 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

If Jean was using her Teklekenisis maybey she has to be directly in sight of the object with nothign blocking her powers..

well then how do you explain the destruction of the 2 missiles from the aircraft that were trying to force them to land??she destroyed those and she didnt see them??

I also feel like she had a psycic rapport with wolverine when she died he was positive the way he said "she's gone" "she's gone"

Thast why I said maybey.

Her powers mutated so maybey she felt she had to go out or she would Phoenix power overload and then kill em all. Im sure there will be a 20 explanation on how she survived in X3.

they will say she rose like a Phoenix from the Ashes of death and there goes her nickname

for some reason I feel like the professor knows that she's coming back.......remember she used the professor to contact scott on the plane before she died so the professor must have known whats going on inside of her and then at the end in the school when Scott asks why she did that the professor says she made a decision......a decision?? "like to turn into phoenix or what"?? and with no remorse.

On a side note she kicked the [!@#%^&^] out of scott and that burst of power that shattered the dam was awsome

Wolverine got shot in the head and dropped like a sack of potatoes......was looking for some brains on the door or on rogues face, no blood to be found though.

Im going tomorow to see it again!Im going to get a screen shot of the computer scene and download it to my computer so I can go through the names!

Im going tomorow to see it again!Im going to get a screen shot of the computer scene and download it to my computer so I can go through the names!

I got one He He he

I saw the movie in the theaters Tuesday and dloaded parts off Kazaa today.

Al the mutants on Strykers Computers

Guthrie (2)

Harada, Keniucho Silver Samurai

Kane, Garrison

LeBeau, Remy

Lensherr, Eric M

Maddicks, Artie

Madrox, Jamie

Mahn, Xi'an Coy Karma

Maximoff (2)

I hope Darth is just yanking your chain here (or talking Ultimate...cough.. X-Men). I have no knowledge of this Skrull thing happening. 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Wolverine 145 - Wolvie was a Teenage Skrull! - known better as issue when he gets adamantium back

Wolverine 145 - Wolvie was a Teenage Skrull! - known better as issue when he gets adamantium back

Holy Cap! Now that's some sad-sack writing if I've ever seen it, and once again makes me happy that I'm not reading new comics anymore.

I agree with JoeC on the problems with continuity and cohesive storytelling with the whole Jean Grey ending, but why should the movie be any different than the books. This has long been an issue for me with comics, especially Marvel. Take Wolverine. One day he has the adamantium and can just barely get away from someone like Sabretooth, and the next he has no adamantium and decreased healing factor and he wipes the floor against the same opponent (actually happened with that guy with the adamantium nails...can't remember his name). Silver Surfer has the power cosmic, and he regularly gets his tail whipped by guys he shouldn't even give a second look to. And don't even get me started on the whole Infinity Gauntlet thing. If Thanos (a minor Iron Man foe who shouldn't even be playing on the same field as the cosmic entities) can get the gauntlet, he should never lose it. He sees all, knows all....how could he not see it coming? There are tons of little things like that in comics all the time. Always have been...always will be.