• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please grade my Journey to Mystery #113

11 posts in this topic

glossy cover angel.giftonofbricks.gifdevil.gif

flat flat flat grin.gifcool.gifsmile.gif

off white clean pages

minor key issue in Thor mythos yay.gif

looks even sweeter in mylar cloud9.gif

is it worthy of the ....... grade

I have been acused of "fuzzy" images not this time.

thor1137bk.jpg

thor113b0we.jpg

well huh popcorn.gifjuggle.gifpopcorn.gif

WEBHEAD

Webby,

Much nicer scans thumbsup2.gif but now you have the improper compression effect going on . . . I forget what it's called . . . mohr? mauhn? little help anyone? It's the effect that causes the lines that aren't really there. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Webby,

Much nicer scans thumbsup2.gif but now you have the improper compression effect going on . . . I forget what it's called . . . mohr? mauhn? little help anyone? It's the effect that causes the lines that aren't really there. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Close! Its called a moire pattern. A common cause, though I think not in this case, is scanning a photo that's already been printed - since the image has already been broken up into tiny dots. The halftone pattern used in the printing interacts with the scanner's sampling pattern.

Webby,

Close! Its called a moire pattern. A common cause, though I think not in this case, is scanning a photo that's already been printed - since the image has already been broken up into tiny dots. The halftone pattern used in the printing interacts with the scanner's sampling pattern.

Thanks ,

Perfect examples of a moire pattern are the color bands through Dr. Don Blake on the FC, and both Mike Marvel pics on the BC. The entire scans are filled wih moire patterns, but these areas are most distinct.

-d

Webby,

Close! Its called a moire pattern.

Thanks ,

Perfect examples of a moire pattern are the color bands through Dr. Don Blake on the FC, and both Mike Marvel pics on the BC. The entire scans are filled wih moire patterns, but these areas are most distinct.

-d

Yeah, I saw them (and still do!) but fingers and brain were unable to work together to construct a coherent sentence, and now I don't know exactly what I meant. crazy.gif