• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #300!!!

67 posts in this topic

Do you guys think this is "movie hype" or would ASM 300 hold its current value much better than ASM 252?

My vote is for Hype...this is typical of any movie about a comic book. I also noticed a slight increase/demand in ASM #4 as well as an increase of ASM books for sell on ebay. Now don't ask me why the ASM# 300 reprint is so high...in most cases higher than the original.

the sad thing is when these ASM comics crash & burn, so will the collector.

Nope, the "sad thing" is people who offer books at a set price and then back out of the deal when they have buyers makepoint.gif

It's going to still have some value. I paid $70 for a slabbed 9.4 about 3-4 years ago when NOBODY was giving a rat's rear end about Venom or McFarlane and that was the cheapest I had seen it (I think I hit a quick BIN or something). The difference is that I picked up the VF copy I sold for $75 recently along with like 7 or 8 other McFarlane issues (but not 299 or 301) for $25 at around the same time, so while there was some strength to a slabbed 9.4, the market had no interest in a raw VF.