• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Metropolis email regarding consignments.

90 posts in this topic

...I would think so,..I'm guessing they are more willing to work on Gold prices rather than Silver or Bronze,..let's face it,... the demand for Gold books is much lower.

...I would think so,..I'm guessing they are more willing to work on Gold prices rather than Silver or Bronze,..let's face it,... the demand for Gold books is much lower.

Let us also face that Gold is alot harder to find that Silver or Bronze. EVERY dealer has Silver and Bronze. You can walk down the street and trip over Silver and Bronze.

sumo.gif

Let us also face that Gold is alot harder to find that Silver or Bronze. EVERY dealer has Silver and Bronze. You can walk down the street and trip over Silver and Bronze.

sumo.gif

Which street would that be confused-smiley-013.gif

sumo.gif

..might be harder to find,..but if the demand isn't there what's the sense?...

I collect GA also, and they've never negotiated with me other than "free shipping",, so what am I doing wrong ? do I smell ? sorry.gif

Me too frown.gif

and I use deoderant tongue.gif

sumo.gif

They seem to sell alot of Gold so obviously there is demand (especially for the major heros... Superman, Batman, Captain America).

It's just that not every collector has the sophisticated taste or the pocketbook to collect Gold. poke2.gif

sumo.gif

They seem to sell alot of Gold so obviously there is demand (especially for the major heros... Superman, Batman, Captain America).

It's just that not every collector has the sophisticated taste or the pocketbook to collect Gold. poke2.gif

Having seen the insane prices paid for books so common there are 20-30 on eBay at any time, I conclude it must be lack of taste !

There is absolutely high demand for DC, Timely and other GA books. Any of these books draw multiple bids at auction in any grade, and usually at guide or over.

sumo.gif

...yeah,..I can't possibly own enuff badly drawn books with bright yellow covers,... smirk.gif

So, Gold collectors are the Wine Connesieurs of the comic book collecting community? I like the analogy but the real Connesieurs are the HG snobs(I am kinda one, since I like my books 8.0 and above). But far as pocketbook, if you want the biggies(Superman, Batman, Captain America etc) yeah, they cost you. But there are tons of approachable gold comics out there that are wonderful reads. Most of the GA Captain Marvels in VG go for 30-50. Which is pretty affordable. Granted you might get a VF Bronze Age or Silver Age book for that price but it won't have the history behind it.

I collect GA also, and they've never negotiated with me other than "free shipping",, so what am I doing wrong ? do I smell ? sorry.gif

Me too frown.gif

I usually send Vince an e-mail if I'm seeking a discount (especially on multiple book orders). For instance, if I'm trying to purchase 10 GA books from their website, I'll list the original price with my 10-15% discounted offer on each book. Then I'll list the total I'm willing to pay for all 10 books (let's say $2K) at the bottom. This way at least Vince has something to work with. He may be able to discount 5 of the books at 10 or 15%, but the rest are not negotiable. However, the total price at the end will be a lot closer to your original offer than haggling over one book at a time. It's a case where Metro doesn't want to lose a deal on 10 books, just because they weren't willing to negotiate on one book. It also helps if you offer to pay by check vs. credit card.

Me too frown.gif

I usually send Vince an e-mail if I'm seeking a discount (especially on multiple book orders). For instance, if I'm trying to purchase 10 GA books from their website, I'll list the original price with my 10-15% discounted offer on each book. Then I'll list the total I'm willing to pay for all 10 books (let's say $2K) at the bottom. This way at least Vince has something to work with. He may be able to discount 5 of the books at 10 or 15%, but the rest are not negotiable. However, the total price at the end will be a lot closer to your original offer than haggling over one book at a time. It's a case where Metro doesn't want to lose a deal on 10 books, just because they weren't willing to negotiate on one book. It also helps if you offer to pay by check vs. credit card.

thumbsup2.gif

aha, dealing w/ vince. wait'll steve finds out about this.

aha, dealing w/ vince. wait'll steve finds out about this.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif