• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 19 CGC 9.9

53 posts in this topic

Wondering why some one would want to resub a 9.9 book? Does this make sense that someone would hope for a 10.0?

I agree the odds of getting a 10.0 are near zero. But, if I believe information on the boards, the CGC holder is not archival and should be changed (with the micro-chamber paper) every seven years. So a re-sub will take place if this advice is followed. If the book drops 0.1 to 9.8, the value will probably half. Even if I could afford this book, I think I might be too frightened to touch it, look at or mail it. Love this spider-man cover but I will have to settle for a 9.0/9.2 if I see a nice one.

Alan

if you can tell that a book is trimmed by looking at a single scan of a slab, you are a GOD.

the rest of us mortals need before and after scans at the least

I'm pretty sure I never said that the book was trimmed. confused-smiley-013.gif

But, if I believe information on the boards, the CGC holder is not archival and should be changed (with the micro-chamber paper) every seven years. So a re-sub will take place if this advice is followed. If the book drops 0.1 to 9.8, the value will probably half.

They won't regrade the book when it's sent in for a new holder unless there has been obvious damage done to it. There's a difference between re-submitting a book to get it graded again, and just sending one in to get re-holdered.

How can a book be mint with off white to white pages? Come on CGC!

What does the OGG say about this? I thought OW-W was allowed in 9.9 but I don't have the guide in front of me.

What does the OGG say about this? I thought OW-W was allowed in 9.9 but I don't have the guide in front of me.

"Paper/Interior: Paper is white, supple and fresh. No hint of acidity in the odor of the newsprint."

OWW is allowed even at the 10.0 grade. screwy.gif

"Paper/Interior: Paper is white, supple and fresh. No hint of acidity in the odor of the newsprint."

Thanks!

"(10.0) GEM MINT

Paper/Interior: Paper is white, supple and fresh. No hint of acidity in the odor of the newsprint"

Wait, so which is it?

"10.0

Paper/Interior: Paper is white, supple and fresh. No hint of acidity in the odor of the newsprint"

There was a Wolverine Ltd #1 CGC 10.0 posted on the boards with OWW pages. makepoint.gif

"10.0

There was a Wolverine Ltd #1 CGC 10.0 posted on the boards with OWW pages. makepoint.gif

Oh, I see what you're saying. You're not saying the OGG says that. You're saying that CGC allows that. foreheadslap.gif

"10.0

We're talking about the OGG....not CGC. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

"10.0

Oh, I see what you're saying. You're not saying the OGG says that. You're saying that CGC allows that. foreheadslap.gif

Sorry for the confusion. But it's not my fault, talk to Steve B. insane.gif

Do you see all that space between the top of the book and the top edge of the case? That book has been shipped across the Atlantic.

The book has actually been sold 3 times on Heritage. In December 2002, the book is sitting nicely in the middle of the well. In February 2005 (same slab), it has moved downwards.

Regarding the discussion about the minimum page quality for 9.9/10.0, does anyone have a scan of the perfect 10.0 THOR 156. I seem to remember it being auctioned for charity. I thought that had off-white pages??

Alan