• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weirdest Scam Ever...

66 posts in this topic

In addition, one of his customers that I contacted through Ebay managed to get his money back because he was really vocal. Within 10 days he had already contacted the authorities in New Jersey, and threatened the seller with major lawsuit action. It definitely helps to be aggressive and unrelenting when it comes to these bozos.

if the guy really has mental issues, then calling the cops isn't going to do anything. i doubt he will get put in jail. although you never know.

i would stay on him until you either get the whole of your money back or the books he promised. and when i say "stay on him," i mean "ride his arsch like your life depended on it."

you can always be sorry later. but it's better to be sorry with your #@*ing money in your hands than not

Thanks for the advice and your opinions. I respect them all.

It's been over 24 hours since I last spoke to him and my "concern" is fading while my anger is returning...

It would be nice to get my dough back and put this behind me. It's been about as distasteful as anything I've ever been involved in in comics...

you can always be sorry later. but it's better to be sorry with your #@*ing money in your hands than not

893applaud-thumb.gif Very good point. I agree 100%. He's conned you and others and taken money that could have gone to take care of you and your family. Yeah, it may have been a small amount, but sometimes that extra dollar or two can make or break a situation. I wouldn't have any sympathy at all.

Well I just got my Bell South phone bill. Charlie needs to learn to use 1-800-COLLECT. His two minute collect call to me on 1/26 about his great comic find was $14.55. Charlie had called twice through the day and my wife had declined his calls. I had said if he were to call again to take the call. This really ticked me off when I saw the charges so I called Charlie but only got his voice mail. I didn't leave a message because I'm not sure if Moondog told him about me in any of his conversations with Charlie. I thought of playing with him to see if he would still try to con me of see if he had learned his lesson and made right with those he had done wrong. I'm still trying to decide if I should call him or just drop it since I never sent any money.

When I called Charlie last week, his phone company said that "this person is not accepting calls right now..."

I just tried again and left a message saying that I have not gotten my money back yet and unless I heard from him tonight, I was calling the police again.

I'm also out a $10 cash advance fee plus finance charges on the $100 Western Union moneygram, making my total loss so far $142.35...

What a sicko.