• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trivia Question

3 posts in this topic

While I didn't have a clue as to the answer, I thought "who would be lame enough to think that non-play on words would be funny?". and the only name that popped into my head was Kevin Smith...

I thought about putting in DD Vol 2, #1, but didn't want to look like a dickwad if I was wrong, and it's not like I have a snowball's chance in heck of getting "picked" anyway. 893frustrated.gif

Just thought it was amusing....

Hey Joe,

Blame Joey the Q, not Kevin Smith. Y'see, some time after Quesada did Azrael for DC, he was involved (maybe even created) something called "Ash." There was even an Azrael/Ash 1-shot that Quesada drew. So it wasn't a lame pun on the word 893censored-thumb.gif, instead, it was a lame product placement! 27_laughing.gif Suppose it is possible the in-joke was in Smith's original -script, but I'm betting Joe Q drew it in on his own.

Anyway, that was what led me to thumb through the early Marvel Knights issues to find the answer.

Congrats odin! smile.gif

Z.