• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the most you would pay for a cgc 9.8 x-men #125

12 posts in this topic

and what do you think its worth somone has a 9.8 they want to sell me they want in the high $200.......but I think I should search......I could end up spending more in the long run buying various #125 then just to grab this one.....what do you think?

It seems to me that now would be a bad time to be buying a CGC 9.8 of an X-Men book. You will be paying top of the curve prices as the books ride the movie hype wave.

I can't believe anyone would pay 200's for ANY bronze age uncanny x-men book. For just slightly double that price I can get some nice VF Golden age stuff. This is why i've left unfilled holes in my collection the past few months. There's no way i'm paying these inflated prices. Watch it drop in a few months.

I agree !! Some of the $$$'s being spent on BA books is getting crazy.

Like , there must be thousands of these books kicking around , maybe not all 9.8 but whatever.

Do the people buying this material really think there is value in spending a lot of good coin in these books?. I guess they do !!

Anyway, time will tell .

Me , a nice GA or SA book, where there is limited qauntity available , now that is special.

Until then.... A fool and his money .......

It is not a "sexy" Byrne Uncanny (no Alpha Flight, No Days of Future Past, No Death of Phoenix storyline, not the last Byrne Uncanny, ...), so I would say that I would not pay more than 160 for it (not that I would buy it at all, mind you). I would counter this sellers offer by offering 110 for it, and then after the seller counters, and you counter-offer, and go and back and forth in this vein, I suspect you will both come to a compromise for a purchase of this book in the 140-160 range (and if you end up paying 160, I would ask the seller to throw in insurance).

I agree !! Some of the $$$'s being spent on BA books is getting crazy.

Like , there must be thousands of these books kicking around .....

Yes, but how many BA collectors are there? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i agree with the other people here who have stated that it's a terrible time to buy slabbed x-men books. although a 9.8 uncanny byrne x-men aren't al that rare in hgih grade, and I'm sure in a few months you can pick that book up cheaper... daredevils have certainly cooled off... and high $200s is too high for the book regardless.

How long before I can make an EVEN trade for a DD 158 CGC 9.6, with a PPSS 27 CGC 9.6? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just bought raw 9.6/9.8 copies of #27 and #28 at a convention this past weekend for around $8 apiece and I was pondering the exact same question as you are while I was walking around with them. Peter Parker 27 has a MUCH better cover, slightly more interesting story, and from what I recall preceeded Daredevil 158 by a few weeks or so. It used to be worth about the same as DD 158 a decade or so ago, but I guess it fell in price because Peter Parker is a secondary spinoff title while Daredevil isn't.