• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Comicbook Characters in Songs

69 posts in this topic

Bauhaus were a great band, but weren't considered to be proper Goths even though they (along with the Birthday Party) were progenitors of the "movement". And they did owe a small debt to a certain Mr. Bowie...

ARE a great band...ARE!!!

And remember, the most "goth" thing any of those bands could do back then was to insist that they weren't goth.

Speaking of Bauhaus and comic book songs, their bassist David J (a very good friend of mine, BTW) has a rare EP called V For Vendetta with a bunch of songs inspired by the graphic novel.

On the same subject: He also has a live album he did with some fella named Alan Moore...

B000001JUB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Bauhaus were a great band, but weren't considered to be proper Goths even though they (along with the Birthday Party) were progenitors of the "movement". And they did owe a small debt to a certain Mr. Bowie...

And remember, the most "goth" thing any of those bands could do back then was to insist that they weren't goth.

Speaking of Bauhaus and comic book songs, their bassist David J (a very good friend of mine, BTW) has a rare EP called V For Vendetta with a bunch of songs inspired by the graphic novel.

On the same subject: He also has a live album he did with some fella named Alan Moore...

And he was in a band called Love And Rockets.... cool.gif

Pretty cool.

And he was in a band called Love And Rockets.... cool.gif

foreheadslap.gif How could I forget that one?

I might have told this story before here, but back in 1997 I was helping to put together an art show in Hollywood for The Hernandez Bros. at a restaurant/gallery called Lumpy Gravy. The owner of the place, animation mogul Gabor Csupo (Rugrats, Duckman, etc.) thought it might be a good idea to get David J to DJ the event. I had to explain that the Bros. Hernandez didn't take too kindly to the band Love and Rockets naming themselves after the legendary Fantagraphics comic, (especially since no money or credit was ever given) and that bitterness still exists. Would have made for an interesting night though...

Dud, you know David J.? That is way cool. Bela is not dead!!