• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Action #1 ADDED TO CENSUS

119 posts in this topic

also i was wondering.......i can see wanting to own all the big keys.

of course, all collectors want that. i can see wanting books that have

no restoration.

what i'm wondering is what is the compulsion to owning

the very best copy of a particular book as well. especially if a person

is rich and can just go out and purchase one. (not much of a challenge)

makes me wonder if the person loves the book, or only loves being the

owner of the very best book.

just to be fair could it be both?

thanks

great point that is why I am just happy owning a copy. My action 1 my not be even close to the best it is not even complete but neverhteless it is still a great piece of history complete superman story that is what everyone wants the book for anyway.

Ashcan/comics

From my own perspective[and its mine alone] Its The childhood love of Superman and Batman[the nostalgia of the memories it brings back] The love of the artwork.

The pride of having the best copy in its actual original state[unrestored].Having a book that looks new even though its 70 years old.The best copy is unique its 1 of a kind.The idea is to own the best, for many reasons.Even from an investment standpoint owning the best will yield the best dividends.It always has and always will.So there are many ingredients that make me strive to own the best.

Being a millionaire dosnt necessarily mean you can buy the best.It sure helps but there are people who own books bigger than mine who would not sell for any price.Now you may say suppose a Jerry Seinfeld offers 10 million for the mile high Action 1 than the owners gonna give in. I say he wont, but than is any man in his right mind gonna pay 10 million for a comic book.Common sence is going to kick in even to a billionaire I think at a certain price level

It is the 5.5 [resubbed to a 6,5]

I'm not surprised by that at all.

I remember when it came up at Heritage we had a thread talking about how it looked very undergraded.

Very smart buy.

Nice book action1kid I can remember you talking about it about a year ago. I had just joined, and some insufficiently_thoughtful_person made a rude comment to you about posting your book in every thread. I remember you saying "Don't worry, it won't happen again". You own one of the most highly sought after comics. I say post away, and don't listen to someone who was obviously jealous.

Absolutely. I believe you held true to your words. I know you prefer to avoid conflict at all costs, because you're such a nice person, but you are not a newbie anymore, and you probably have one of the best collections on the boards, with all of your other superman collectables. So, don't be shy. If you get the urge show it off. If anyone gives you any trouble, their are enough of us that will stick up for you. thumbsup2.gif

You are very kind and I wont let you down.

Ill post some great stuff in the near future.

Genuinly I appreciate your kind words and support

That would be cool, Peter. I've seen some pictures from when you posted them previously and you have some great stuff in your collection. thumbsup2.gif