• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Action #1 ADDED TO CENSUS

119 posts in this topic

iLL give you my own personal top ten golden age rarity index[from rarest to most common. In any condition

1]More fun 52

2]ALL American #16

3]Detective #27

4]Marvel comics#1

5]ACTION COMICS #1

6]Flash comics #1

7]Captain America comics #1

8]Whiz Comics #1

9]Superman #1

10]Batman #1

I would flip #1 and #2, flip #4 and #5, and then drop #7 down to #9.

Cap #1 has to be the 2nd most common big key after Batman #1.

(And I still say Adventure #40 is tougher than all of those - CGC census has 50% more 52s graded than 40s, and Heritage has had 7 #52s to 5 #40s and an amazing 11 copies of All American #16).

And I still say Adventure #40 is tougher than all of those - CGC census has 50% more 52s graded than 40s, and Heritage has had 7 #52s to 5 #40s and an amazing 11 copies of All American #16).

Post Extras:

I have been told enough times by people here that you cant go by the census alone.So I say that to you also.I dont think that because a spurt of more Fun 52 have come to market you should think that that means they are not scarce.

It is not totally unreasonible that More Fum 52 is rarer than adv 40.I have been offered more adv4o than More Fun 52s and The gerber guide list more fun 52 as rarer than adv 40.These rare books seem to come to market in spurts for whatever reason]That should not be mistaken for that they are not as rare as this and that book] Both of our opinions are just that ,an opinions.They are Not facts....

Can I be wrong? Yes! Can you be wrong ? Yes!

With that said,im getting ready for 12 inches of snow

By the way I do agree that adv 40 is Rarer than all of the Overstreet top 10 with the possible exception of more fun 52.

I do not have it on the bottom of the list because of that.I put it on the bottom as [a notation] that price wise it is not in the Overstreet top 10. Thats why it is not in the top 10 list.If it was in there,I would have put it in the number 2 spot.