• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 20 COVERS OF THE COPPER AGE!

394 posts in this topic

three

1136245-93_1_b.JPG

Awesome. Who did the -c?

That one would be Brian Boland, I believe. His covers are some of the Best of the Copper Age.

Ya thats a Bolland cover - great stories from what I remember too

What strikes me about all of these covers is how much the best copper age covers completely blow away the best bronze age covers. I guess that's to be expected, but I never really realized the disparity in overall wow value until I saw the best of bronze stacked up next to the best of copper.

I was thinking the same thing too! And the thing is the writing for the most part was much better too.

Ya thats a great Smith - along with X-men 205, I liked the evolution of his style and I missed his older Conan style from the late teens onwards too. He's just a great artist. grin.gif

2 more classic covers - I really hope something like this gets nominated, instead of nothing but superhero covers.

epic7.jpg

What issue number is that? One of the best covers I have ever seen.

three

1136245-93_1_b.JPG

Awesome. Who did the -c?

That one would be Brian Boland, I believe. His covers are some of the Best of the Copper Age.

Ya thats a Bolland cover - great stories from what I remember too

Time to get to work Bud. wink.gif

Well are we gonna have a Copper age cover top 20?

I'll participate in this one! hi.gif

I just posted the master list in Bronze, give me the weekend off lol - maybe next week. I'm still going through the PMs, based on feedback, might consider a few slight changes to the rules. Giving more votes and a few other things. Like I said you need 75 voters, its hard to gauge the support in Copper. And then YOU NEED TO ESTABLISH THE TIMELINE FOR COPPER. juggle.gif

Secondly its pretty much a 3 week committment, if you consider the nominations period, answering questions, making everyone aware how many days are left, what the nominations are thus far, logging it all, getting the scans, hosting the scans, creating the spreadsheets etc, etc, etc.

IMO you also need a long term board member to help you verify results and count all the votes to make sure the results match. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tell you what if either Bonds or blowout volunteer to give me a hand I will see about something next week / next weekend poke2.gif

2 more classic covers - I really hope something like this gets nominated, instead of nothing but superhero covers.

Epic Illustrated is a magazine, not a comic. gossip.gif It definitely had some awesome covers, though.

And then YOU NEED TO ESTABLISH THE TIMELINE FOR COPPER.

In my opinion, if someone has the initiative to run the contest, then they're entitled to be the dictator and define the Copper Age as they see fit. If people don't like the definition, then they should have been the one running the contest.

For what it's worth, my definition of CA is it starts with TMNT #1 and ends just before Spawn #1 (beginning of Image). gossip.gif Other definitions go earlier to catch the initial indy explosion of the early 80s (Eclipse, First, Pacific Comics, etc.).

Epic Illustrated is a magazine, not a comic. gossip.gif It definitely had some awesome covers, though.

The title of the post is Top 20 COVERS of the Copper Age - it doesn't specify whether they're magazine or comic covers. sign-rantpost.gif

By the way, where are your cover scans??? poke2.gif

The title of the post is Top 20 COVERS of the Copper Age - it doesn't specify whether they're magazine or comic covers. sign-rantpost.gif

By the way, where are your cover scans??? poke2.gif

yes but you are in the Copper Comics section