• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 20 COVERS OF THE COPPER AGE!

394 posts in this topic

agreed on all counts. a top Mag thread would be pretty killer, although i expect the top ten artist list would look like this;

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Random CA artist

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

How many notable mag covers did Frazetta do in the Copper Age? I can't think of any off the top of my head, especially if Epic Illustrated #1 is categorized as a Bronze Age cover (it's from 1980).

Even in the Bronze Age, I wouldn't expect Frazetta to achieve that kind of dominance. Oh no, wait, considering this is the same Forum that voted Batman #227 as the top comic cover of the BA, maybe he would. foreheadslap.gifpoke2.gif

agreed on all counts. a top Mag thread would be pretty killer, although i expect the top ten artist list would look like this;

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Random CA artist

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

How many notable mag covers did Frazetta do in the Copper Age? I can't think of any off the top of my head, especially if Epic Illustrated #1 is categorized as a Bronze Age cover (it's from 1980).

Even in the Bronze Age, I wouldn't expect Frazetta to achieve that kind of dominance. Oh no, wait, considering this is the same Forum that voted Batman #227 as the top comic cover of the BA, maybe he would. foreheadslap.gifpoke2.gif

i was being cheeky.

sorry.gif

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

Random CA artist

Frazetta

Frazetta

Frazetta

grapes-print.jpg

I supposed a voter could cheat and use the rereleased Frazetta covers that appeared at the tail end of the Warren runs like Creepy 128, 131, 144, ect, ect, ect. Some of those would fall into the copper age.

Great Dave Stevens Alien Worlds Cover - so EC its cloud9.gif

Well as others have pointed out Mica and Comicbookguy?? I think, have kinda jumped into an SA version so I think that in order to be fair and not have one Poll hurt the other in terms of participation and confusion (I had talked to bonds and blowout about rule changes based on BA feedback - these would have been different than what I see posted in SA) we might have to wait until April for the Copper thing to go down.

It will happen sooner or later though grin.gif

Well as others have pointed out Mica and Comicbookguy?? I think, have kinda jumped into an SA version so I think that in order to be fair and not have one Poll hurt the other in terms of participation and confusion (I had talked to bonds and blowout about rule changes based on BA feedback - these would have been different than what I see posted in SA) we might have to wait until April for the Copper thing to go down.

Bummer, I was looking foeward to it but it's probably the right thing to do. It just gives me more time to finilize my Copper pick! thumbsup2.gif

Bummer, I was looking foeward to it but it's probably the right thing to do. It just gives me more time to finilize my Copper pick! thumbsup2.gif

Ditto.

Just like Adams was king of Bronze, I think Kaluta might be king of Copper. I'll be listing a few of my faves in the next 3 days. cloud9.gif

det572.jpg

MIKE ZECK sumo.gif er, GEORGE PEREZ sumo.gif er, um Bill Senkiewicz sumo.gif er,

I'll have to get back to you. foreheadslap.gif

This is going to be a TOUGH contest. There are some 30 covers Ive seen thus far that look better than ANY of the bronze covers Ive seen. Even the bronze and silver people concede to how nice the copper age covers were.