• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Easy Question for you X-men Die Hards...

16 posts in this topic

Since I don't have my OS in front of me (and am probably too lazy to look it up anyway grin.gif), what is Beast's first appearance as the "Blue" Beast?

Thanks!

Chris

Think it was Amaz Adventures #11 then he later appeared on the front cover of an Avengers (Gil Kane) cover as blue Beast laying the smack on Iron Man. The Avengers issues may have reprinted some of the Amaz Adventures comics only with all-new exciting covers 893blahblah.gif.

It looks like Amazing Adventures #15.

Anyone have that issue or know if old Hank went through another transformation to reach his Blue color, or whether Marvel just changed it and let it go at that?

I may be wrong on this, but I think he's only grey on the cover and blue in the book. Not sure though.

No he was definitely gray, but may have been re-colored for subsequent reprints or flashbacks.

Yeah he was grey for awhile. I believe, but can't confirm because I don't have the comics in front of me, that the change was quickly explained in passing as his mutation had not yet completed.

Jim

Yeah he was grey for awhile. I believe, but can't confirm because I don't have the comics in front of me, that the change was quickly explained in passing as his mutation had not yet completed.Jim

That's what I thought, and thanks.

P.S. I have always thought those AA Best issues were quite interesting, as it was obvious Marvel was trying to turn him into a Hulk-like character, with strength, personality and endurance to match.

That issue where he pounded Iron Man is a great example, as Beast almost killed the poor guy, yelled guttural threats a la the Hulk and even took a billion bullets in the gut with absolutely no effect.

This was probably what the Beast *should have been* in the original X-Men, strong, mean and able to stand up to the heavyweights.

I guess at some point (Avengers?) Marvel toned him down a bit and got rid of the super strength, invulnerability and blood-lust. grin.gif

The Beast changed from Grey to Blue for the same reason the Hulk changed from Grey to Green - you can't get the Grey to be the same all the time. LOVED Avengers 137, by the way.