• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advise on best place to sell a scarce comic

42 posts in this topic

I prefer Heritage due to the large amount of exposure their site generates across all collectibles.

If it were higher grade, I would agree. But I don't know about a 6.5 copy.

This will be interesting to watch, finding another 6.5 of this book is near impossible, but is there interest enough to push it past 4k? I don't know. The number of collectors that would want that book that bad is very small I would think.

After thinking about it, I think he oughta throw it on eBay with a huge reserve and see what happens. For the cost of a listing fee, he could learn something valuable.

I am someone who watches every JO #1 sale I can see, and I can tell you that if you think you will find a better copy come to market, your dreaming, cause they don't exist in that kind of shape.

I prefer Heritage due to the large amount of exposure their site generates across all collectibles.

This will be interesting to watch, finding another 6.5 of this book is near impossible, but is there interest enough to push it past 4k? I don't know. The number of collectors that would want that book that bad is very small I would think.

After thinking about it, I think he oughta throw it on eBay with a huge reserve and see what happens. For the cost of a listing fee, he could learn something valuable.

I am someone who watches every JO #1 sale I can see, and I can tell you that if you think you will find a better copy come to market, your dreaming, cause they don't exist in that kind of shape.

I'd be happy to list in in my store on eBay for the seller. flowerred.gif

I really like those "best offers!" cloud9.gif

I don't disagree with anything you said, although I have to say that every time I start thinking a particular book doesn't exist above X grade, a copy surfaces and surprises me.

In any event, my original point was that just because a 6.5 might very well be the best copy of JO #1 that might surface, it doesn't necessarily mean that a 6.5 copy of this particular book will command a strong price on Heritage.

If the seller has a decent feedback rating, I'd put it up on Ebay with a high reserve and as a featured auction. Since it's hard to tell what this book will sell for, an auction environment will let you know. Also, Ebay has the farthest reach and the lowest fees (by far). Heritage would have to get you at least a 20% premium in price over Ebay just to break even. ComicLink's a little better on fees but would still need to get a substantial premium over Ebay. If seller doesn't have a decent feedback rating, I'd go with ComicLink though.

As with many books, of course, don't get too skewed by the CGC census. I know someone who has a raw NM copy of this book.

Still, I am not minimizing the significance of the 6.5 in the slightest. This is a really, really TOUGH book to find above low grade. Any serious collector should strive for this copy, particularly since it is within an affordable price range.

Yes, I am interested! gossip.gif