• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Bark's story.

77 posts in this topic

Mine was "The Second Richest Duck" my second favorite was all the rest. I've stated before that if I were stranded somewher and I could only have one type of comic book I would choose all the Bark's Duck stuff.There's a reason we called this

guy "the good artist", it's because he was a genius and terrible were the times I bought a Dell duck comic and some replacement artist was in the pages.

Donald Duck: The Master Wrecker from WDC&S 264. Absolutely the best 10-pager ever.

Favorite cover is Ancient Persia from FC 275.

Favorite Scrooge is 456..."She was spangled and flashy and her heart was a hard as the ice on the tundra..."

I will say that my favorite set of panels from any Barks story is where Scrooge talks about how he loves to burrow through his money and toss nuggets up to let them bounce off his head. cloud9.gif

I should know by heart which story that's from, but it's not coming to me right now. sorry.gif

Only a Poor Old Man FC 386 -

1102535-Burrow.jpg

Thanks Scrooge, but I guess I`m actually thinking of a different story. It`s one of the stories where he loses his money,and the scene I`m thinking of is where he`s able to burrow around again after he gets his money back, which he does in front of Donald and Huey, Dewey and Louie.

Donald Duck: The Master Wrecker from WDC&S 264. Absolutely the best 10-pager ever.

Favorite cover is Ancient Persia from FC 275.

Favorite Scrooge is 456..."She was spangled and flashy and her heart was a hard as the ice on the tundra..."

My favorite Donald Story is probably "Donald Duck and the Golden Helmet" (FC #408)

Favorite Barks Cover would be "Old Castle's Secret" (FC #189)

Favorite Uncle Scrooge story would be "The Great Steamboat Race" (US #11) It was the first Barks story I had ever read. It was a reprint in US #72 and when I read it, I didn't know who Barks was.

Probably "A Letter to Santa" from Christmas Parade #1. I love the battling steam shovels and Barks seems to be in a better mood then he was in his later, cranky period.

I am drawing a blank on my second favorite, it was the once where they go underground and they is a race of little guys down there. Grrrr, I can see it in my mind but can't come up with the title. frustrated.gif Man, I'm getting old.

and the scene I`m thinking of is where he`s able to burrow around again after he gets his money back, which he does in front of Donald and Huey, Dewey and Louie.

That should be the one. I cut off the top tier of the page -

Here's the first page bath -

822370-FC386sStorys.jpg

and here's the last page bath after recovering the money. I'll look around to find another story where this happens. I'm sure there's another one.

822370-FC386sPage5s.jpg

I am drawing a blank on my second favorite, it was the once where they go underground and they is a race of little guys down there. Grrrr, I can see it in my mind but can't come up with the title. frustrated.gif Man, I'm getting old.

That would be "Land beneath the Ground" in US 13 (1956) with the Terries & Fermies as little guys.

That would be "Land beneath the Ground" in US 13 (1956) with the Terries & Fermies as little guys.

thumbsup2.gif

I love the twist and turns in the one, it has an epic feel. I was in awe with how much stuff Barks crammed into that story when I first read it.

I like all his stories except the daisy duck, april may & june and grandma duck stuff. I just dont find those characters interesting. I also dont really like the later junior woodchuck stories. but i do like every donald duck, gyro and uncle scrooge.
Big Donald fan myself. Always enjoyed seeing Donald master a skill or enterprise then Barks would throw some sort of trouble his way.

To me, Donald was all of my short comings and temper, and wouldn't always "save the day".....even before Peter Parker made it fashionable.

Scrooge is OK as well, but to me Donald had to share too much of Scrooge's limelight later on. I never cared to see Donald relegated to carrying Scrooge's bags while they romp through the jungle.

I like all his stories except the daisy duck, april may & june and grandma duck stuff. I just dont find those characters interesting. I also dont really like the later junior woodchuck stories. but i do like every donald duck, gyro and uncle scrooge.
Big Donald fan myself. Always enjoyed seeing Donald master a skill or enterprise then Barks would throw some sort of trouble his way.

To me, Donald was all of my short comings and temper, and wouldn't always "save the day".....even before Peter Parker made it fashionable.

Scrooge is OK as well, but to me Donald had to share too much of Scrooge's limelight later on. I never cared to see Donald relegated to carrying Scrooge's bags while they romp through the jungle.

So what do you think about the way Don Rosa handles Donald in his Scrooge stories?

So what do you think about the way Don Rosa handles Donald in his Scrooge stories?
I realize that Scrooge is extremely popular. I like him as well, but not above Donald.

I also realize that Rosa likes Scrooge (probably more than Donald)

I don't expect Donald to be treated with kid gloves, He's just my favorite character.

You'll notice that my above post of favorite Stories were Donald-centric.