• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Signature Thread
9 9

7,957 posts in this topic

Right on with those Wrightsons! thumbsup2.gif

Yes, I was sweating it hard wondering if it would come back a 9.6 but the gamble paid off. The book was a little high (for me) but I grew up on Iron Man in the 70s and had to have this. I'm overseas now so I won't even see this book for a while. My wife just received it and says shes using it as a food tray for our 2 year old daughter. As far as worth, IM1 doesn't go for as much as other SA #1 titles of the time and there are 18 in the 9.8 grade. 2 in 9.9. Not rare by any means but still one of my favorite books.

Many thanks to Gene Colan and of course Dave Gutierrez who brought my book up there to NY. Also to Gemma for all her assistance.

1689796-IronMan1SS_981.JPG

I would have been so scared the book would have gotten damaged. How much is that worth in 9.8?

WOW! That's all I have to say. I am speechless! hail.gif

Yes, I was sweating it hard wondering if it would come back a 9.6 but the gamble paid off. The book was a little high (for me) but I grew up on Iron Man in the 70s and had to have this. I'm overseas now so I won't even see this book for a while. My wife just received it and says shes using it as a food tray for our 2 year old daughter. As far as worth, IM1 doesn't go for as much as other SA #1 titles of the time and there are 18 in the 9.8 grade. 2 in 9.9. Not rare by any means but still one of my favorite books.

Hey man, given those numbers, how can you not consider it rare? I'd never even see a pic with that issue in such a high grade before, let alone SS!

I'm sure those 18 are probably spread out somewhere along North America, so I'd venture it's extremely rare in 9.8

Yes, I could say it is very limited. I usually consider rare the only copy in the highest grade. Plus I was comparing the book to other SA #1s of the time. Look at the Silver Surfer #1. Two copies in 9.8. You better believe I would submit one for Stan Lee to sign if I ever got a hold of it. And I just missed it a few months back at Mastros auction. IM1 is still my favorite cover though. Loove that purple. So much so that I commissioned Gene for an OA piece of the cover.

Yes, I could say it is very limited. I usually consider rare the only copy in the highest grade. Plus I was comparing the book to other SA #1s of the time. Look at the Silver Surfer #1. Two copies in 9.8. You better believe I would submit one for Stan Lee to sign if I ever got a hold of it. And I just missed it a few months back at Mastros auction. IM1 is still my favorite cover though. Loove that purple. So much so that I commissioned Gene for an OA piece of the cover.
I wouldnt get a Silver Surfer 1 in 9.8 signed. Thats a 13,000 dollar book. If it comes back 9.6 you lose a krap load of money.

New SS books!!! Big thanks to Kris 893applaud-thumb.gif

A small grail book for me, Marvel Zombies #1 CGC 9.8 signed by Kirkman and Suydam cloud9.gif

photo3.jpg

And Fell #1 RRP edition, signed and sketched by Templesmith and signed by Warren Ellis headbang.gif

photo5.jpg

Thanks again Kris flowerred.gif