• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF movie in November 04?

16 posts in this topic

i think something like Spiderman might have a broader appeal for the general population, but among comic collectors - i don't think the prospect of any movie would make them drool, in the way that a FF movie would.

Without having read anything about it, I predict that it will be one of the worst movies ever made and will lead to the complete and utter ruin of ALL comic book collecting, cgc and otherwise. Marvel will go completely out of business except to publish reprints of bad 70s books. Stan Lee will lose his pension as a result and be forced to work at McDonalds or walmart as a door greeter and eat dog food at his retirement home. As a matter of fact all cgc collectors will be forced to subsist on dog food as a direct result of the FF movie.

The FF film is still at 'scripting' stage, acording to the full report. What do we think are the chances of the film being out in 2004?

If they are going to do an FF movie, I would like to see it done right with a full CGI compliment. I hope Marvel don't just rush it out to cash in on the success of Spider-Man and X-Men. 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

As a matter of fact all cgc collectors will be forced to subsist on dog food as a direct result of the FF movie.

I suggest we listen to Clobberin' and start investing in PMIL. If he is right, we should clean up!

I'm extremely skeptical of an FF movie. It would be really hard to make good, and really easy to screw up.

But, if they do make a movie, Doom HAS to be the villain. grin.gif

Chris

It all depends if they(the studio) will treat the material (F.F.) as a campy fun loving disfuntional family or a really gang bustin galaxtic affair. Maybe , just maybe more down to earth version little the X-MEN series. What do you think it could be....... 893blahblah.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gifstooges.gif

Is PMIL dogfood?

It USED to be NASDAQ's sympol for Purina, the pet food folk. Looks like the merged with Nestle in 12/2001. I never DID keep up with the stock market. PMIL now defunct. Now I have to look elsewhere for my fortune.

Who do you think could play the main character's

Mr. Fantastic - Robert Patrick .... T-1000

The Thing - CGI with voice over

The Human Torch - Leonardo Dicaprio

Invisible Woman - Diane Lane

893scratchchin-thumb.gifstooges.gif

Over on AICN's the rumor floating around is that Avi Arad is in serious talks with George Clooney to star as Mr. Fantastic. Take that piece of news as you will...but it is no secret Avi has wanted Clooney to star in a Marvel film (and this is pointed out clearly in the article).