• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celebrity Q&A board

100 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Just kicking around an idea in a very casual kind of way. What if we created a board called "Celebrity Q&A" and invited collecting world notables to come by. We would moderate the board, and it would work like this.

1. Celebrity comes and has a new thread created for them to answer questions.

2. People can post questions to the thread, but only approved questions will ever show up

3. Celebrity then responsds to those questions

These threads could have a specific start and end time, or go on for as long as the celebrity had an interest. PERHAPS we'd take volunteer moderators who might be able to approve questions for the various celebrities.

Just something I'm kicking around. It might provide a saner place for notables to "walk amongst us" without being in the middle of the mob, for those who don't like to be in the thick of it.

Think we'd actually get celebrities to be interested?
I'm sure you could get a few that would be interested. Obviously, some discussions at some cons would help generate some interest also.

Think we'd actually get celebrities to be interested?

sure. not the big-shot guys, but people who are under-the-radar type guys like Freff (D'Arc Tangent creater) - who has posted in the Copper Age board - who would likely be more amenable to badgering.

hey, if they'll let Vince interview them on radio, i'm sure there would be a lot of creators who would be happy to answer a few fanboy questions, carefully chosen and heavily moderated

I like the idea. But let's not call it 'celebrity.' It might turn off potential guests who'd prefer not to be tagged with such a show-biz type label.

How about "Invited Guest Q&A board" flowerred.gif

I like the idea. But let's not call it 'celebrity.' It might turn off potential guests who'd prefer not to be tagged with such a show-biz type label.

How about "Invited Guest Q&A board" flowerred.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Good idea. I doubt if you'd poll most Americans they wouldn't know who most of these people are.

Just kicking around an idea in a very casual kind of way. What if we created a board called "Celebrity Q&A" and invited collecting world notables to come by. We would moderate the board, and it would work like this.

1. Celebrity comes and has a new thread created for them to answer questions.

2. People can post questions to the thread, but only approved questions will ever show up

3. Celebrity then responsds to those questions

These threads could have a specific start and end time, or go on for as long as the celebrity had an interest. PERHAPS we'd take volunteer moderators who might be able to approve questions for the various celebrities.

Just something I'm kicking around. It might provide a saner place for notables to "walk amongst us" without being in the middle of the mob, for those who don't like to be in the thick of it.

thumbsup2.gif