• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*POLL* which is the better movie spidey or X2?

which movie did you like better?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. which movie did you like better?

29 posts in this topic

alright, i haven't seen X2 yet and thanks for not stating *spoiler* in some threads which basically ruined the ending of the movie for me. but i must say that lots of non fanboys i've talked to are stating that X2 is a MUCH better movie than spider-man. i'll vote on which one i liked better after i see the movie.

thanks voting and any input! goodevil.gif

pimpy

Don't be reading any of the 'spoilers' around here then. tongue.gif

Seriously though, its a blast, you'll have a great time. The opening scene alone is worth the price of admission. cool.gif

Don't be reading any of the 'spoilers' around here then.

i didn't read any spoilers that stated SPOILERS, some threads re: X2 talked and mentioned something happening to phoenix at the end of the movie. frown.gif he'll i might as well just wait for it to come out on DVD now. 893frustrated.gif893whatthe.gifsumo.gif

No contest. Though I liked them both, Spider-man is the better movie, by a long shot.

To understand the reason WHY....substitute the word "movie" with "character" in the sentence above.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, Spider-man was a classic movie story, complete with all the necessary ingredients for a blockbuster. Underdog character to root for, the very definition of "most crucial point in character's life", a perfect example of a high-stakes inciting incident (death of Uncle Ben/Peter's fault), character growth (with great power comes....), personal conflict (father of best friend is arch enemy), a bit of angst/love mixed in, and a true flow to the story.

I've said it before, but after walking out of the theatre, I was amazed at how incredibly well Stan Lee's basic Spider-man premise translated to the big screen. That guy would have been a killer screenwriter in another life.

X-Men and X2 are episodic (albeit highly enjoyable) action sequences joined together by a loose narrative (see bad guy, fight, then fight some more), but in no way resemble movies and both would have done much worse without the built-in comic book audience.

This is not to say I didn't enjoy X2 (I did) but you could insert virtually any fictional character into the Spider-man story and the overall movie idea would still work, because it's built on a strong foundation.

X-Men and X2 hinge entirely on the action and the special abilities of the participants, with virtually no character development, plot or anything to make us really care about the participants.

Not even close, as I was referring to the stories chosen for the movies.

I personally find Wolverine a more compelling character, but the X-Writers only want to have him flashing his claws and cutting things. If all Spider-man did was swing down and beat up bad guys for 2 hours straight, I wouldn't have as positive a view of the movie.

Character has nothing to do with it, and like I stated before, you could take the Spider-man character out of the Spider-man movie and still have a compelling story. He could be anyone, anywhere at any time, as long as the core story elements are present.

The story elements of the X-Movies amount to a bunch of paranormals with cool powers, pounding away on each other for 2 hours. makepoint.gif

Spider-man gets the nod in the movie department here.,although X2 is real close.Although 893offtopic1.gif I liked Daredevil better than both and he isnt even my favorite characrter.Okay I said my peace and I cant wait till Daredevil dvd comes out. rantpost.gif

Davidking623

Spider-man gets the nod in the movie department here.,although X2 is real close.Although I liked Daredevil better than both and he isnt even my favorite characrter.

Yowza. 893whatthe.gif

You must be the guy who voted for DD in the best recent comic book movie poll. And here was I thinking it was a sympathy vote. shocked.giftongue.gif