• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature VS Qualified, Batman #608

28 posts in this topic

even after it being confirmed by mr. miller himself? still a no go? 893frustrated.gif then sorry steve, but i will continue to stand by my statement that this is another reason for CGC to make more $$$. goodevil.gifstooges.gif

"Jim Lee" on the 1st page does not get a qualified label, on the cover it does, unless it is mid or low grade.

But WHY does it get a Qualified label if it is on the front cover?

If it is clearly seen through the holder, shouldn't it get a Universal grade with no notes, as a book with an arrival date or similar 'writing on cover' would?

What if Mr. Miller, after being out of work for putting out more stuff like DK2, takes a bribe to pay the rent for saying it is his signature? stooges.gif

wouldnt mr miller just take a fat paycheck to sign a bunch of his work through DF or some other company rather than take a bribe

how about this one. what about a remarked signature through a company like DF. since it has more writing on it than the normal signature, would this affect the grade as well (say, if the artist did a small sketch along with the sig) or would it still get a green label and the actual book grade? I just got a book with a sig and a sketch and am tossing the idea of grading around. but since the artist did it for me and not for a company, i have no COA and if the grade suffers because of the sketch and i get the green label, then why have it graded?

too many assumptions here - placement of sketch will afect grade. it will always ge t a green label even if you have a DF COA. Only if signed and sketched in from of CGC rep will it get the Yello CGC signature series. There is just too much stigma attached to the GReen label. For sigs and sketches, as a buyer and someone who appreciates them, the "discount" the green label is like a gift since there are those who don't understand what the green label is allabout. It can be good and it can be bad. In terms of clipped coupons, missing stamps and kid's names scrilbbled on there then it's bad. In the case of creator sketches and sigs the green is good.

To me there is really no distinction between this kind of Green label and the yellow. DF is a company known for being able to get creator to consistently sign their stuff, so if it has the COA I trust it. If you got the sig or sketch at a convention, unless you are planning on selling it then you really shouldn't care about the green label either way. It's only when reselling that it plays an issue. A well described item with proof (pic with artist signing item or convention pass) should be enough to convince some that the sig/sketch is legit