• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I Collect is Great, What You Collect is Garbage

60 posts in this topic

I say so, that's proof enough!!

In the words of our former Prime Minister..."IF you have proof, and it is good proof, then it is proven"

BTW, i was jk

27_laughing.gif

I would say that there are great comics from all eras, and each era has its' own particular strengths. Even the early 90s. tongue.gif
yeahok.gif

Hell, even Bronze DC romance books have their moments... wink.gif

greggy is not responding....must be having a moment with one right now gossip.gif

I would say that there are great comics from all eras, and each era has its' own particular strengths. Even the early 90s. tongue.gif
yeahok.gif

greggy is not responding....must be having a moment with one right now gossip.gif

grin.gif

yeahok.gif

grin.gif
makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

yeahok.gif

grin.gif

That was fast. blush.gif

yeahok.gif

grin.gif

That was fast. blush.gif

blush.gif

I keep Batman (both Batman and Detective), but I will be the first to admit the stories (especially late golden-age) leave a lot to be desired and a lot of the Batman covers were just plan lame, but there is just something about look that capture my imagination. I am not going to say what others collect is lame. I like just about everything out there (silver age Marvel, Spiderman probably has some of my favorite stories ever), Bronze, still remember buying Nova 1 off the newsstand in Osgood, IN. Dark Knight Returns (what a turning point), and who can forget Neal Adams Continuity Comics, great artwark and "interesting" characters.

To each their own and good luck to everyone with finding the gems you desire.