• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I Collect is Great, What You Collect is Garbage

60 posts in this topic

What's a glib?

Barry, Maurice and Robin? confused-smiley-013.gif

bee-gees-photo.jpg

Urgh. yeahok.gif

Bee-Gee hater are ya? Actually...if you take one very popular soundtrack album out of the mix, the Bee-Gees have a very respectable body of work... sumo.gif

Jim

Bee-Gee hater are ya? Actually...if you take one very popular soundtrack album out of the mix, the Bee-Gees have a very respectable body of work... sumo.gif

Jim

27_laughing.gif You just shattered my whole image of you, Jim! Actually, I like their stuff from the 60s a lot. It's the 70s stuff, including the albums that preceded SNF, that I'm not too wild about.

Jim

27_laughing.gif You just shattered my whole image of you, Jim! Actually, I like their stuff from the 60s a lot. It's the 70s stuff, including the albums that preceded SNF, that I'm not too wild about.

I'm a fan of their 60s, early 70s, as well as their 80s music. I feel they were unfairly lumped into the disco craze and all the negative stuff associated with it... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Jim

I'm a fan of their 60s, early 70s, as well as their 80s music. I feel they were unfairly lumped into the disco craze and all the negative stuff associated with it... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

To be perfectly honest, I think Staying Alive is a great song.

Jim

Jim

Yep, they were all right, and I agree that song is pretty good, as was a fair amount of their output, disco or otherwise. It's just the hair, teeth and disco pants - I can't cope with pictures like that in the morning.... tongue.gif

Jim

Jim

FINALLY. Something we don't need to argue about! thumbsup2.gif Bee Gees Rule!

Jim

Jim

It is...but then you have to suffer through "How Deep Is Your Love"...and the associated breaking of the vinyl disk... smirk.gif

And lets not forget Sgt Pepper's redux or the Tragedy album...everything preceding and afterwards isn't that bad though...

But then again...I like Abba too.. grin.gif

Jim

Yep, they were all right, and I agree that song is pretty good, as was a fair amount of their output, disco or otherwise. It's just the hair, teeth and disco pants - I can't cope with pictures like that in the morning.... tongue.gif

Whatever pays the bills... grin.gif

Jim

"Rule" is such a strong word...remember Barry is responsible for the Streisand duet... foreheadslap.gif

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif But his hair is spectacular!

"Rule" is such a strong word...remember Barry is responsible for the Streisand duet... foreheadslap.gif

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif But his hair is spectacular!

The "Lion's Mane" is one to admire...especially for those folicle challenged... grin.gif

Jim

Jim

Jim

It is...but then you have to suffer through "How Deep Is Your Love"...and the associated breaking of the vinyl disk... smirk.gif

And lets not forget Sgt Pepper's redux or the Tragedy album...everything preceding and afterwards isn't that bad though...

But then again...I like Abba too.. grin.gif

Jim

I like the Bee Gees and ABBA as well. I really enjoyed the Mommamia (sp.) musical.

Oh God, did I just say that outloud on these boards?! foreheadslap.gif

It's just the hair, teeth and disco pants - I can't cope with pictures like that in the morning.... tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif Fair enough! Actually, when I see pictures of the Bee Gees in that phase, I laugh because I always think of the Kenny Everett skit. 27_laughing.gifheadbang.gif