• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie saying hello with Pics!

65 posts in this topic

Well, I figured after lurking for months now I'd finally say hello and start offering my 2 cents on some of the current topics. First a little background on myself.

I started collecting in 1990 right when comics started exploding, for lack of a better word.

My brother and I went into a sport card shop for him and I found an old friend that I had read back in 79' as a kid. I ended up picking up a few issues of the new Starlin run ( #34 I think) of Silver Surfer and it was down hill from there. From that point on it was all consuming. I'm sure you all have a similar story. Anyway, this lasted till about 94' when I just plain lost interest like a lot of others.

Fast forward to 04'. All the comic movies are hitting the box office rekindling my interest and now my sons are old enough to enjoy the books with me as well so once again I'm in a downward spiral of a buying frenzy and have been ever since.

So hello to all and I hope I can offer up some helpful info when time permits.

Also, I'm gonna try and post some pics if I can figure out how! foreheadslap.gif

One pic is my best Golden Age, best slabbed, best Silver and Bronze.

1107623-PICT0284.JPG.180ee3c9139717a847448836744b41cf.JPG

1107623-PICT0284.JPG

Once you've uploaded the file. Click on the Attachments and copy the assigned Link to the file. Then come back to your post and click on Edit.

There one of the Instant UBB Code is Image. A window will pop up and you can paste your image's link in the dialog box. This will create the html for your picture to appear in the body of your post. You can send Continue to now show the edited post on the forum.

Welcome. thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

1107623-PICT0284.JPG

Very nice! 893applaud-thumb.gif That's what I would like my collection to look like. This time around, I'm focusing on quality over quantity. I'd love to have a collection of a handful of decent Golden Age books, than long boxes of more common stuff.

Very nice GA lineup! (MM #43 has been a want of mine for ages...) Once you're "settled in" here, make sure to check out the Golden Age forum and post some more of your books. Welcome to the boards!

Nice collection!

I'm curious though... where do you (or anyone) do most of your buying? Straight from dealers, your Local Comic Shop, eBay, Internet, other board members, etc...

I mean, if you started up in 2004 again after 10 years, where did you go, or rather, how did you reconnect with the hobby in terms of collecting?

Nice collection!

I'm curious though... where do you (or anyone) do most of your buying? Straight from dealers, your Local Comic Shop, eBay, Internet, other board members, etc...

I mean, if you started up in 2004 again after 10 years, where did you go, or rather, how did you reconnect with the hobby in terms of collecting?

This is worthy of it's own topic. So I'll start it.