• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Adams books for BIN...board only

29 posts in this topic

But hopefully whatever else you are doing with your time is making you happy, so best wishes to you.

I believe I very clearly said "I have been getting back into music again, but in a much more very serious way...".

Man, at least folks STILL don;t really read my posts! Constancy is a nice thing. grin.gif

Now listen here Pov, from your fellow musician/comic-geek. DON'T sell all your books. It is certainly reasonable to lay off of collecting for 2006 or whatever, and even to sell some of your books if you want to turn them into more musical gear or whatever (hey, that's what I'm doing too) but don't just make the decision to sell everything and say bye to comics. I've also swung back and forth between the two, and when you get burned out on one, you have the other. Yeah, there is alot of junk going on with comics right now, you think the music industry or musicians are any different? Just put the comics aside for now and most definitely hang on to your favorites. Sell the surplus because believe me, you'll be back, and when that time comes, you won't want to start from scratch again. And Pov, one of the most memorable things I saw at Wondercon last year was when I saw you all excited about finding some new bronze books. You were like a little kid with excitement. Believe me bro', that'll come back.-----Sid (fellow musician and comics dude)

Ya the first thing I said to Michael was don't sell --

The second thing was, if you do decide to hi.gif

At least, hang onto the EC's and rest of the Pre-Code man, you better than anyone know how hard it is to aquire it in nice shape.

Pov, avoid selling the keys and toughies, if possible. Especially, the Bronze amigo. But if you happen to have some GA Whiz Comics, Captain Marvel Adventures, Police Comics and Plastic Man.....well, far be it from me to keep you from your art. devil.gif

Pov,

1. Don't sell everything, especially the HTF pre-code stuff. You will end up regretting it.

2. If you do sell, sell most of it on the boards. You will get a fair price, it avoids eBay fees, and best of all, you know who to contact if you have sellers remorse!

Good luck with your new endeavors.

I remember someone with the same name as you telling me a little while ago, you will be back and not to do anything foolish shy.gif

You mean we have Pov to thank for you sticking around stooges.gifforeheadslap.gif Oh the books I lost out on to you because of this.

The hippie strikes again, ya I'm in that private hell again. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Pov,

Don't know you personally, but I have always enjoyed your posts and your books.

Drop in on the boards from time to time. And if you decide to sell, I hope you make out like a bandit!! But one word of advice - take a couple of months before you do it. If it still feels good to sell them in the spring, then it's the right thing to do.

Good luck!

Shep