• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another ebay scam email

3 posts in this topic

A friend of mine just got this one:

Subject:

FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Section 9- (name deleted)

suspension@ebay.com

Date:

Wed, 07 May 2003 06:20:37 -0400

Dear (name deleted),

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.

To update your member profile copy and paste the following link in your web browser, after you pass the account verification process, your account will be enabled for further use.

(link deleted)

Regards,

Safeharbor Department,

eBay Inc

I deleted her name and the link. She clicked on the link but it had already been shut down. Still, the email was scary enough that she tried to go there. but she's a researcher, so she immediately started researching the email and found a message board somewhere where several people had gotten the email.

The ID thieves are out in force.

-- Joanna

Sonofagun; its amazing how real these email look. Thanks for the info.

I posted about a similar email I recieved yesterday. The scary part is that I was starting to fill out the form. I found it odd that they were asking me for so much info; so I tried to login and noticed a problem. Someone suggested to contact spoof@ebay.com and within an hour, they notified me that they were getting on it... goodevil.gif

I got the emails and I just used the form as a verbal toilet bowl, unloading every sadistic twisted act I could come up with and I tapped my potential using profanity, derrogatory phrases, expletives and perjoratives in 3 languages. A waste of time...yes, but truly cathartic in a fashion. 893blahblah.gif