• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When's the best time to sell Hulks?

12 posts in this topic

Given the movie hype, is now the best time or closer to the film's opening? I have a great run of 102 to 150 plus some after that that are in great shape.

How did the curve go with Spidey, Daredevil and X-men 1?

I think structurally they are all about 8.5 to 9.0 a few better. They were part of a magazine distributors overstock I recently purchased. They were stacked (unbagged) in boxes so they all are a little old, a few have VERY slight spine curl consistent with stacking. I don't know they'd pass muster for the board but they probably would make an Ebay collector quite happy even at top dollar. Thoughts?

Given the movie hype, is now the best time or closer to the film's opening? I have a great run of 102 to 150 plus some after that that are in great shape.

How did the curve go with Spidey, Daredevil and X-men 1?

Obviously during the upcoming Hulk movie. insane.gif Movies always make people pay crazy prices makepoint.gif

I dunno... I would try to have them all sold by at least a week or two before the movie opens...

"Sell the rumor, buy the fact" being a big reason for that timing...

Plus, I have been hearing from a lot of people whose opinions I trust that the movie is going to suck... If they had wanted to make a more dark, cerebral movie with limited screen time for the central 'character' (as was done successful in Alien) that would have been fine. Or if they just wanted the whole movie to be "Hulk Smash", that probably would have been fine too (at least from a box office perspective, popcorn movies do just fine after all). But the buzz right now is that this movie tries to do both, and succeeds in doing neither...

I dunno... I would try to have them all sold by at least a week or two before the movie opens...

"Sell the rumor, buy the fact" being a big reason for that timing...

Plus, I have been hearing from a lot of people whose opinions I trust that the movie is going to suck... If they had wanted to make a more dark, cerebral movie with limited screen time for the central 'character' (as was done successful in Alien) that would have been fine. Or if they just wanted the whole movie to be "Hulk Smash", that probably would have been fine too (at least from a box office perspective, popcorn movies do just fine after all). But the buzz right now is that this movie tries to do both, and succeeds in doing neither...

By the looks of the trailer...it looks like it is going to suck. frown.gif Looks like Matrix reloaded is going to be the next movie to watch. sumo.gif

Put up a few scans and list them here. You might get a few nibbles. smile.gif

Unfortunately my scanner is broken (but really though). I can take as many pics as you want and email them. I just posted the full list in the marketplace.

Thanks,

Mitch