• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else noticing problems with eBays item counts?

7 posts in this topic

Yes, I've noticed it too.

What is happening is that when you enter a search for an item, it is including all the store items as well as auction listings. It's been happening sporadically and sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. Occasionally, all items have shown up in my initial search, then when I click to read new items first, it goes back to just the auction listings.

I'm wondering if eBay is tinkering with the idea to get more views to store items or if it's just some glitch going on with their system.

They just added their store items to the search and I hate it.

Now I have to click another link to get to the auctions only page.

Why did they change the 'default'? Christo_pull_hair.gif

From an eBay email

***From Chris Tsakalakis -- More Exposure for Store Inventory Listings***

February 13, 2006 | 03:03PM PST/PT

Hi everyone. Many of you will remember Bill Cobb’s letter a few weeks ago [http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200601181327302.html], in which he mentioned the upcoming increase in exposure for Store Inventory listings. Starting this week, all matching Store Inventory listings will display at the end of the main eBay search on eBay.com and on eBay Motors. Store sellers will see increased exposure for their Store Inventory items, and buyers will see more qualified listings every time they search. As Bill said, it’s a win/win.

For example, if you search on “bow tie”, you’ll see all the normal auction and Fixed Price listings as you did before. But now you’ll also see all Store Inventory listings matching “bow tie” listed at the end, regardless of how many auction or Fixed Price listings were found. Similar to today, listing upgrades such as Gallery and Bold will not be shown for Store Inventory listings, unless no auction or Fixed Price items are found – then the upgrades will be shown.

This is a large, technologically-complicated launch, and it might take some time for these extra results to appear consistently. Over the next few days, these Store Inventory listings may appear off and on, and we’ll provide updates on this board if needed.

To learn more about listings in the Store Inventory format and see a screenshot of this change, please click here [http://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/StoreInventory.html?ssPageName=CMDV:AB]. I also encourage you to check out our FAQ.

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/announcement/overview/inventory.html?ssPageName=CMDV:AB

Sincerely,

Chris Tsakalakis

Senior Director, Stores

=================================================