• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks To The Well Wishers

74 posts in this topic

Holy Moly Pov, I guess there are alot more differences than I thought. The way you described the physical hazards of playing sitar, it makes me wonder why you want to subject yourself to that. Sounds dangerous. Go back to comics, it safer. Or better yet, become a fireman or policeman, those are safer careers too. headbang.gif

Holy Moly Pov, I guess there are alot more differences than I thought. The way you described the physical hazards of playing sitar, it makes me wonder why you want to subject yourself to that. Sounds dangerous. Go back to comics, it safer. Or better yet, become a fireman or policeman, those are safer careers too. headbang.gif

Careful, BGM..........it's some kind of an Indian torture device! 893whatthe.gif

Holy Moly Pov, I guess there are alot more differences than I thought. The way you described the physical hazards of playing sitar, it makes me wonder why you want to subject yourself to that. Sounds dangerous.

You mean Indian guitar, surely. wink.gif

Holy Moly Pov, I guess there are alot more differences than I thought. The way you described the physical hazards of playing sitar, it makes me wonder why you want to subject yourself to that. Sounds dangerous.

Dagnabbit it is NOT an "Indian guitar!!!' DAG NAB BIT frustrated.gif

flowerred.gif

Haven't read any of your posts lately so BOC doesn't know what's going on with you. Regardless, BOC-Choy wishes you all the BEST.

883209-CGCbocslab.JPG

When did BOC start talking about BOC in the first person?? However, BOC can talk about BOC all BOC wants if BOC posts pics like that 27_laughing.gif

Dagnabbit it is NOT an "Indian guitar!!!' DAG NAB BIT frustrated.gif

Yes it is! confused-smiley-013.gifscrewy.gif

poke2.gif

As we have been discussing OT in October's NA Marketplace thread, I am leaving collecting behind and pursuing music as much as possible.

I do thank the folks who have wished me well, both here and at the Wondercon dinner, and appreciate the advice "Don't sell your pre-code." "Don't sell your BA." Hmmm - that kind of leaves some Jungle/Jumbo/Dagar type stuff and a group of Marvel BA horror.

I will be prepping things to sell (no, no pressing or restoration. Just cataloguing, scanning etc.) And I will definitely post them on the boards first. I may well go through a few rounds on the boards beofre hitting ebay.

I do have an eye to the future and will probably see how the "lesser" stuff goes first. But that eye to the future would be for greater resale value. My feeling is that pre-code horror has peaked. DC BA Horror - in retrospect that may well yield more in the future, especially as I have a decent amount of HG.

This is not a decision I make lightly but it is a very easy decision to make. Collecting has been, for some time now, a means of self-fulfillment. Sharing a hobby with others on the boards, meeting at cons, making trips to LCS, revealing or reading here an intersting factoid. But at the core it was to fulfill myself. Give my life a sense of purpose and value. It no longer does. And I don't mean just comic books. I mean the act of collecting, acquiring and researching that which I collect. Movie posters have met a similar fate. In fact any collecting desire is gone now.

Hey Sid! I hear you about the music industry. That is not where I am coming from. I have no desire to perform. I will be fulfilled and eminently satisfied to study and learn and, if I am really fortunate, perhaps create. And should I perform on ocassion, I would like it to be for a small group of people who are knowledgeable and appreciative of this music.

So that's the long and short of it. I have made many friends here and they are still my friends. I know that without comic books as a binding agent, some friendships may well fall by the wayside. But some will remain. And I will certainly visit here from time to time.

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Dha Ni Sa (that's the scale, btw). smile.gif

Wow.. I never knew you had a DQ in ya Pov! poke2.gif

When last we spoke and you informed me of your decision I was at first mad, then sad. but that soon turned to empathy. I think we all have had times when the hobby has either taken a backseat, or lost a little of its luster. As did your music when you stopped playing years ago.

What was once old, is new again.

Collecting might find a place in your passion sometime soon, ya never know.

Enjoy yourself my friend, know that you have friends here, and I look foward to interupting you many times, as soon as possible!

Ze-