• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dang I got sniped!

11 posts in this topic

Boy, crusin' along on a auction for a couple of issues of "Y The Last Man" at a pretty good price of $8.50 and what do ya know I get scooped. I was feeling a false sense of security with 6 min left, and went back to work thinking I was in like Flynn, but NO insane.gif the evil doers got me! goodevil.gif Well, I'm headin' to the dark side! Watch out fellow Ebayers! grin.gif

Boy, crusin' along on a auction for a couple of issues of "Y The Last Man" at a pretty good price of $8.50 and what do ya know I get scooped. I was feeling a false sense of security with 6 min left, and went back to work thinking I was in like Flynn, but NO insane.gif the evil doers got me! goodevil.gif Well, I'm headin' to the dark side! Watch out fellow Ebayers! grin.gif

makepoint.gifIt wasnt me but Ive sniped people with seconds to go so 6 minutes mean nothing

Well actually, the vast majority (like 95%++) of completed EBay auctions end with a single bid, and no sniping action. Of the rest, most are a few bids here and there, along with a minute number that are "hot books" and attract snipers in droves.

That's why many harp on sniping, as these are deluded bidders who think that since they have the high bid with 2 minutes left, some ultra-hot speculator book will be their's for 1% of Guide or less. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Well actually, the vast majority (like 95%++) of completed EBay auctions end with a single bid, and no sniping action. Of the rest, most are a few bids here and there, along with a minute number that are "hot books" and attract snipers in droves.

But my point is.......that doesn't really matter. When an auction has a secific ending time.......down to a specific second........the other 6 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds are just "convenience" time to place a bid when it's most "convenient" for the bidder. The winner is still decided in that last second......whether it's sniped or not.

I'll make your guys proud!

Funny thing to was that I had heard alot about sniping, and observed a few cases, but when I had the time to observe the auction, I decided to do something else. 893frustrated.gif Always go with you first instinct. The motto that works more often than nought.