• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Masterpiece Vol. 8 Incrdible Hulk

14 posts in this topic

Do you mean this book? Ebay link

For such a low print run book, prices don't seem high?

I doubt there are only 620 printed. The later numbers were printed in more limited quantities and did use to go for really good $$. acclaim.gif

My bad, It is the "Masterworks" but it does state on the back of the book "This run limited to 620" It is the exact book from the ebay link above.

Bottom line is that it's a reprint of original material, no matter how many copies there are. And it's been resolicited at least two times. AND you can get the most recently solicited copy of it for $35 on Amazon brand new and recolored (better then to original solicitation). Your call, but I'd get the new one for $35.

Well... The Masterworks were actually out of print for a long, long time... so they weren't available for the last 5 years or so which is what caused many of these volumes to spike in price... Recently, as to what I assume you're referencing, Marvel has stated that they are going to reissue ALL of the Marvel Masterworks. So, you can go on to Amazon and buy the "old" cover for about $35... and the most recent up to date design (which I personally think is better) for even cheaper. Although... now that I think about it, and I'll have to check into this... the old cover design might only be available exclusively to comic shops... I'm not sure. Either way, you can get this volume cheap.

I remember seeing (and I still do sometimes) seeing certain volumes go for close to $300... I hope those people are planning to keep those volumes because as far as value, they just dropped to about $50.

So, you can go on to Amazon and buy the "old" cover for about $35... and the most recent up to date design (which I personally think is better) for even cheaper.

No, the older ones are only for sale on Amazon used and run $89 or more. The new ones will be $35.

Although... now that I think about it, and I'll have to check into this... the old cover design might only be available exclusively to comic shops... I'm not sure.

You are correct, only in comic shops.

Either way, you can get this volume cheap.

Cheaper and better. The new volumes have a lot of changes.

I remember seeing (and I still do sometimes) seeing certain volumes go for close to $300...

Yes. I have seen this as well, but only on the Fantastic Four that collects #41-50. Others that I've seen that sometimes go over $100 are Amazing Spider-Man that collects #41-50, Fantastic Four that collects #51-60, Uncanny X-Men that collects #101-110, Uncanny X-Men that collects #111-120 and Iron Man that collects Tales of Suspense #39-50.

For a nice rundown on the changes and improvements in the newest volumes there's a nice article here http://www.newsarama.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000457#000019 that I linked to when it came out.

So, you can go on to Amazon and buy the "old" cover for about $35... and the most recent up to date design (which I personally think is better) for even cheaper.

No, the older ones are only for sale on Amazon used and run $89 or more. The new ones will be $35.

Although... now that I think about it, and I'll have to check into this... the old cover design might only be available exclusively to comic shops... I'm not sure.

You are correct, only in comic shops.

Either way, you can get this volume cheap.

Cheaper and better. The new volumes have a lot of changes.

I remember seeing (and I still do sometimes) seeing certain volumes go for close to $300...

Yes. I have seen this as well, but only on the Fantastic Four that collects #41-50. Others that I've seen that sometimes go over $100 are Amazing Spider-Man that collects #41-50, Fantastic Four that collects #51-60, Uncanny X-Men that collects #101-110, Uncanny X-Men that collects #111-120 and Iron Man that collects Tales of Suspense #39-50.

For a nice rundown on the changes and improvements in the newest volumes there's a nice article here http://www.newsarama.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000457#000019 that I linked to when it came out.

WARNING SALES SPAM

Marvel Masterworks 25 - FF 41-50 for sale RIGHT NOW

END OF SALES SPAM