• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-Mariner #8

7 posts in this topic

I asked you guys what you thought the 9.6 was worth, and cant afford it! But have come across a 9.2, so how high do you think I should go on this?? It has OW pagesand looks pretty good.

So tough to tell on CGCed books what are the surface imperfections/distractions and what are imperfections, smudges, scratches, etc. on the plastic by reviewing scans. My gut instinct on this one, after selecting different illumination/contrast settings on the photoshop software is that the surface of the book itself bears factory imperfections, graininess, etc. With a "no return" policy that usually accompanies CGC graded material sales, it's probably best to try buying black cover books that are CGCed IN PERSON as the attractiveness of the surface features on a predominantly black cover book are just as important a factor as the overall grade itself, moreso than any other cover color scheme. That in itself is what makes a NON-KEY black cover book worth far more than it's surrounding/neighboring issues...the difficulty of acquiring one with ALL the right elements.

I only have a record of a single 9.2 copy on eBay in the last year. It brought $99 back in June of 2002. Three 9.0 issues have been auctioned in the last 5 months: $69, $66, and $78 respectively. The last 9.4 went for $259 in December of 2002. smile.gif