• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stress Lines the never ending story. Need advice

13 posts in this topic

If it's perfectly flat on the front and the stress line is the only one on the back, I'd say a 9.4 is possible but not a 9.6. A 1/2" stress line I would think would be a little large for a 9.6. If there are several other small stressors it might drop to a 9.2.

I can't help with the pictures since I still cannot figure it out for myself, but I am guessing that the book is a Platinum Spiderman. The thick card stock on this books cover made for some interesting grades from CGC. I have a 9.6 copy and at one time I sent in 6 to be graded. The lowest grade was a 9.2 and it had a few more defects than you describe on this book. I would imagine, based on my personal experiences that a 9.4 is not out of the question assuming there is little else wrong with the book. From your scan 3 of the 4 corners look very sharp the bottom left corner on the BC looks a little blunted (could be the scan) so my guess is 9.2-9.4 is very possible.