• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Article On CGC Clone CGG In CBG……er….

40 posts in this topic

Shouldn't you be in class?

lol I'm writing a paper... it's due innnnn 4 hours 58 minutes. I am the Student Without Fear! I've noticed that when I'm writing a paper my post count seems to grow exponentially. 893blahblah.gif

And if rope won't work, we'll just blow you up Magnum P.I-style! flamed.gif

I agree with 'house - "Their facility consists of a 3,000 square-foot-house that has been converted" sounds a lot like "Mom, is it okay if I clear out the old laundry room in the basement for this project I'm working on?"

I hope this works out for them and all, but I've always felt that you have to give things your best shot with your first shot, and we can't even tell when the first shot was fired for CGG, or if it's even been fired at all!?!? CBG ran the article about CGG (which could easily have been precipitated by the various posts here about them), but I've not seen any advertising, any endorsements from known collectors/dealers, any "backing" by a company/service familiar with this type of operation, etc.,. Word leaking out over the internet, a handful of books popping up on ebay, a somewhat ambiguous interview in CBG...these aren't really the best ways to "make a splash" with a new product or service.

I wouldn't hold your breath for an IPO anytime soon...

I still think this is one of the best and longest April Fool's jokes ever....

even if it wasn't intended to be...

Should a grading company seem more like a bank, or more like a garage band? Because CGG has garage band written all over them...

And if Darrell Grimes* really did give them advice on setting up their company, he's even loonier than I thought...

* Owner of both Nostalgia Collectibles and Emerald City Comics in Eugene. Nostalgia is one of the ten oldest comics shops in North America, and Darrell is one of the few dealers left who dates back to the "head shops turned comic shops" of the early 1970s.

And if rope won't work, we'll just blow you up Magnum P.I-style!

Well don't try trapping me under the fuselage of my aircraft... I remember how to get out of that one... it was a shame about that fly though...

And if rope won't work, we'll just blow you up Magnum P.I-style!

Well don't try trapping me under the fuselage of my aircraft... I remember how to get out of that one... it was a shame about that fly though...

Perhaps we could bribe the "Goth Princess" to slip you a lethal mickey.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Perhaps we could bribe the "Goth Princess" to slip you a lethal mickey....

... visions of the Goth Princess wielding a Disney-themed battleaxe.... *shudder* ...

... visions of the Goth Princess wielding a Disney-themed battleaxe.... *shudder* ...

ROFL Oh man, I would SO buy one of those. And then I would kill 'House with it. Dressed as a Goth Princess. Do they make high heels in men's EEEE?

I wear a D, Khaos...

Or did you mean YOU would be dressed as the Goth Princess? Oops... my bad...

Duuuh. And who cares about your bra size? Nice rack, btw. ...dang, why don't they have a ":leer:" face??

It's easy to make a splash even with a limited budget. 3 full page ads in CBG, 3 business card size ads in Comics Retailer, 1 booth in San Diego comicon or Wizard East. They could just drive down to San Diego in a big van from Portland, OR.

ROFL Oh man, I would SO buy one of those. And then I would kill 'House with it. Dressed as a Goth Princess. Do they make high heels in men's EEEE?

Here you go, slappy. All Heels For Men is the web's number one source for large-sized sexy shoes. (oh, the things I'll look for when I'm really trying to avoid work.)