• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who would u like/not like to see in X3?

39 posts in this topic

Not to beat a dead horse but..

I think the studios are missing a grand opportunity to crossover promote their movies. Other studios have done similar things with pretty good success. With a comic/movie franchise the possibilities are unlimited if applied correctly without overdosing the audience.

I'd like to see lots o' Phoenix, Juggernaut and Magneto teamed up, and maybe some Sentinels in a battle royale...

What I'd like to see LESS of are things that just didn't make sense to me in X-2; little logic points that the director should keep an eye on in the future. These things include:

1. Why Nightcrawler couldn't teleport himself to safety after Storm's lightning bolt sends him flying in the church, or why he couldn't teleport himself out of Jean Grey's telekinetic "hold"....?

2. How Nightcrawler could "see" the flying Rogue when he teleported to save her after she's thrown from the jet, and - even tougher - how he was able to teleport them back into a plane he couldn't see moving several hundred miles an hour AWAY from him... confused.gif

3. Why Wolverine suddenly couldn't use his sense of smell in X-2 - he should have been able to sniff out Mystique (as he did in X-Men) when she comes to him as Jean Grey looking for love, and he should have been able to catch the scent of the troops assaulting the castle earlier than he did....

4. Why Professor X's "neural inhibitor" disappears at some point during his brainwashing...did I just miss them taking it off him? One minute it was on and then it was gone.

Anyway, just a couple of minor observations that bugged me. Otherwise I thought the movie was AWESOME (except for Nightcrawler's "valley of death" prayer after Jean's death - the emotional reaction by itself was more poignant IMO.) Here's to X-3!! cloud9.gif

Dan

1. Why Nightcrawler couldn't teleport himself to safety after Storm's lightning bolt sends him flying in the church, or why he couldn't teleport himself out of Jean Grey's telekinetic "hold"....?

The book answers this in the early issues ( new x-men get blown out of a plane) and nightcrawler and wolvie are carried by storm because mightcrawler can still teleport but can't stop physics so he is still traveling with the same momentum and direction after he bamfs? And as for Jean Grey's hold, it was on his little blue Balzac, so it would have been quite a painful escape....

Those fanboyz must have seen X2 at least twice last weekend to be able to analyze it to death for small flaws in the film. How nice not to have a day job & just sit at an X2 screening for 2 or 3 times in a row. flamed.gif

Those fanboyz must have seen X2 at least twice last weekend to be able to analyze it to death for small flaws in the film. How nice not to have a day job & just sit at an X2 screening for 2 or 3 times in a row. flamed.gif

Or downloaded it off the net

Like to See:

Juggernaut

Gambit

Colossus

Psylocke

Ka-Zar

Not Like to See:

Banshee

Havok

Cable

Maybe?

Jubilee

The Brood

I don't read X-men so I don't know for sure that all of these characters are X-men related.

Brian

Fox Studio's and Marvel Comics must LOVE the type of movie-goer who see a film enough times to catch "mistakes" that an average film goer like myself could care less about. All I know is that all those multiple viewing are good for Marvel and Fox's bottom line.

Must haves - Vanisher, El Tigre, Mekano, the SubHuman, Red Raven and of course - the Stranger! All would be guaranteed box office dynamite. And maybe Unus - they could play it like that Sienfeld episode where they can't remember his name but say that it sounds like a body anatomical part.

maybe Unus - they could play it like that Sienfeld episode where they can't remember his name but say that it sounds like a body anatomical part.

Jerry Seinfeld & George Costanza...now there's a couple of kick arse X-Villains right there. crazy.gifgrin.gifinsane.gif