• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Selling Questions

6 posts in this topic

Ok. ALL my auctions specifically state that any shipments over $50.00 require postal insurance. The summaries that I send to people reflect this as well. So now, two of my auctions that have recently ended people have sent money that doesn't include money for insurance.

So, what should I do? Rather than berate these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, I'm thinking I will just send the items sans insurance and if anything happens to it, thier tough luck.

What do you guys think?

Just make sure that they are aware of this. Most likely they didn't completely read your auction descriptions, so as long as you warn them (nicely), they will have nothing to complain about if there is a problem. Just make sure you cover your .

I always make insurance an option. If the buyer wants to gamble, then so be it. Personally I don't insure anything I win unless it is $100+. Priority through USPS is always reliable wink.gif

Probably prudent to either send return receipt requested (to make sure that they received it if there is a delivery dispute in question), or email and ask if they'd like for the parcel to be insured, explaining (in case they missed it in the auction) that you suggest THEY purchase the insurance to protect them on THEIR end.