• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greg's Quest for the Detective Run

104 posts in this topic

Nearmint, I will only be going to Sunday's WWLA show. Hope we can at least get together at the show. What is the forum dinner? Greg, you're from CA, are you going to the WWLA?

I would have to guess that a full run of detective is the most difficult and most costly run in comics. good luck!

Will I get shot down in flames if I say I've got Detective 1 through 817 complete ???

Seems, like I have heard that finding Tec 28, 29 and 31 are hard ones to come by aside from 27.

I know someone who has a 28 and a 33. Atleast I think I do. I received scans out of the blue one day and replied back asking for more info. I never heard anything back. Then, I remembered I requested a scan of the 33 that eBay seller "awin" had listed. They had both 28 and 33 listed a few times WITHOUT scans for around $3k IIRC.

Here is the 28...

1140901-Detective28_MaryDehart.jpg

1140901-Detective28_MaryDehart.jpg.3c8ac1717b2fe951d2d2d776232ab477.jpg

SWEEETTT!!! Insert drooling graemlin here!! The Pre-Robin 'Tecs just seem so much more aescetically(sp?) pleasing than than the later ones. Hopefully, I will have a few 'Tecs to add here in the next few monthes. grin.gif

Seems, like I have heard that finding Tec 28, 29 and 31 are hard ones to come by aside from 27.

I know someone who has a 28 and a 33. Atleast I think I do. I received scans out of the blue one day and replied back asking for more info. I never heard anything back. Then, I remembered I requested a scan of the 33 that eBay seller "awin" had listed. They had both 28 and 33 listed a few times WITHOUT scans for around $3k IIRC.

I think i remember this seller. He also had an Action #5 right? He did list these books many times, but I don't know why he never posted scans in the auctions. Maybe he would have sold them by now.

I would have to guess that a full run of detective is the most difficult and most costly run in comics. good luck!

Will I get shot down in flames if I say I've got Detective 1 through 817 complete ???

It's nice to see you on the boards again. I actually listened to your Comic Zone show yesterday and thought it was great.

Marc

Ian,

No flames here, welcome. hi.gif

Don't know if you're still reading, but any interesting thoughts or insights regarding the Detective 1-26 pre-hero run? I can't imagine owning and flipping through even one of those books in nice shape, let alone the entire run. Would love to hear more about them.

Don't know if you're still reading, but any interesting thoughts or insights regarding the Detective 1-26 pre-hero run? I can't imagine owning and flipping through even one of those books in nice shape, let alone the entire run. Would love to hear more about them.

I never cease to get a thrill out of having the run from 1 to 817.

Far more wonderful than the Action Comics run of 1 to 836. They're worth more, but not as impossible to find.

The sheer pain of locating those early Detectives makes you appreciate them all the more. Particularly 3 and 4 - SO RARE !!!!

I wonder if Christine has the entire run up to present? Last I heard she had it up to 500 or so.

Is that so ???

I always assumed she kept her collection up to date.

500 means she's missing the last 317 issues to date - that's a hell of a lot. Surely not ?????