• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the CGc grade : Avengers 11

17 posts in this topic

Hi all,

CGC gave this one the following grade : Universal 8.0 White

I am a bit disapointed since the book has such great eye appeal, but those damn indents on the front cover near Spider-man's arm killed this one...that and the tiny tear on the left edge of the back cover.

I'm still wondering how you can cause such indents without leaving stress marks on the rest of the book (maybe someone dropped something on the cover!)

My only consolation is that I still have to send my Avengers #12-15 to CGC, and these look more like 8.0-8.5 books. If they get 8.0, I won't feel an urge to upgrade them (I would have if #11 had gotten a 8.5!)

At the end of the day, this Avengers 11 will certainly be the best looking CGC 8.0 in my collection smile.gif

Why is it that I can nail this one on the head, but in a competition, I can't tell my arse from my elbow. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

maybe because you got to look at everybody else's grades as reference! poke2.gif

foreheadslap.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good point, but it's not any fun if you read the other grades first. I typically look at the scan and go right to the grade. 27_laughing.gif

I just figure that I choke under pressure

.5 off three times! .5 lower three times in a row than CGC's grade. I am happy with that. All 3 of the books I graded how I thought CGC would grade them; if they were raw and in my collection they would probably all be a full point higher than my guess grade, and .5 higher than CGC's grade/