• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your MMMS (pre 1971) and other Marvel Non Comic Items

157 posts in this topic

FOOOOOOOOM!

The Foom kit. I bought this at the San Diego con a million years ago. Has the first 3 issues & the poster, signed by Steranko. I remember it well, because I saw the item & thought about it, as I was down to my last few coins for the show. I asked my friend that I was with if I should get it. He said, "If you don't buy it, I'm going to!" Sold! I took it home & I love having it. I've since helped my friend piece together some of the items from this set.

foomkit7rg.jpg

foomposter0rp.jpg

Nice stuff! I'm terribly envious. I've got a fair amount of MMMS, Marvelmania, and FOOM stuff scattered around the house, but this is the only pic at the moment that doesn't duplicate a lot of what's already been shown...

1126099-P1000318-small.jpg

1126099-P1000318-small.jpg.26b33e13832880c4c7e281e7cd8fb61e.jpg

Some of the plastic figs.

I always wished I had a red Daredevil, a red Spidey, a blue Cap and a green Hulk, though!

One of my friends had the Thor, but it had been really nicely painted. For the longest time we thought that the figs were supposed to be painted. Took me forever to find out they just came like this. Ah - the days before the internet...

They also came in grey - I think those were earlier models/verisons.

marvelfigs1fn.jpg

Yes, the grey ones were, iirc, sold as a set through Marvel comics. I have several of them somewhere and they're stamped differently on the bottom. The later ones I believe said "Marx."

RDK!

WOW!

Awesome items! I love the puzzle, the flyer, the button, the pillow - all that stuff!

I wish I knew more about your robots! They look sweet.

I have none of the black light posters - but someday I'll get there.

I know there's a promo poster for the black light posters - that's the one I want the most...

Somewhere i have scans of nearly all of the original MMMS ads that appeared in the Marvel books. It was for an aborted webpage that i was planning. I'll try to find them and post them here.

Great stuff!! I had a set of the Zeroids as a kid & loved them. Also had the Instant Replay. Still have a few of the mini-records laying around somewhere. Love it.

Thanks. I actually have a decent (mostly) mid-60s toy collection, with the superhero stuff being only a small part of it. If you want to see more Zeroids and stuff you can check out this gallery here.

Ray

A complete set of the day-glo cards (with the envelopes)! I love these!

High Voltage, I don't think that's the complete set as I have at least another 10 in my set. I'll try to get a picture of the extra ones up tomorrow. They are great & reasonably priced.

Some miscellaneous items:

miscmania1ih.jpg

The Spidey knife (of all things!) is from the Franklin Mint. They did about 6 or 8 different ones (Hulk, Spidey, Cap, etc.) and they all look neat. Big, heavy suckers!

The tin rings were from the later-70's & a gift, so they're precious to me.

One flicker-ring. Dr. Strange.

The big ol' Make Mine Marvel button! Every time I wear this at a Con, someone wants to buy it.

The WAM button - from when Marvel thought about starting up another club - circa 1990, I think.

The Spidey ring in the box is from my wife. It's not all that uncommon, but she bought it for me when she went on a trip & we were still dating. I think it'll be buried with me!

The Pez dispensers are older - no feet!

Got my Spidey nite-lite from when I was a kid! (ok, just a few weeks ago - you know how it is!)

The card-set is from about 1984, but it's so cool & retro that it feels like something from the old days.

Goofy plastic Spidey belt buckle - from the Secret Wars era, I think. Got it for 50-cents at a yard sale.

The patches were from my pants & a jacket when I was a kid. My mom sewed them on. I asked her to take them off for me to keep when I out-grew the clothes. I got one of those 'Mom looks.' My mom - she was pretty dang good to me!

The Spidey watch is from the 70's. I know they made a ladies version & I think a different men's version, although I'm not certain - again, that age thing.

A complete set of the day-glo cards (with the envelopes)! I love these!

High Voltage, I don't think that's the complete set as I have at least another 10 in my set. I'll try to get a picture of the extra ones up tomorrow. They are great & reasonably priced.

'Town!

If you look to the right in the image, you'll see that I've got a bunch stacked up. I just tried to show some of my faves. I love those cards!

If you look to the right in the image, you'll see that I've got a bunch stacked up. I just tried to show some of my faves. I love those cards!

Do you know how many make up the complete set? I bought these on ebay in the late 90's thinking it was complete, but your showing 2 or 3 that I don't have. I've got a total of 21.

Mead school items!

marvelbindersf1bn.jpg

(front) Mead Binders

marvelbindersx5qf.jpg

(back of the binders)

marvelfoldersf4ci.jpg

(front) Mead Folders

marvelfoldersx1xw.jpg

(back of the folders)

This one's a toughie. A complete unused notebook.

marvelnotebook0tb.jpg

I think I got the binders & unused notebook from Flying Donut.

Marvelmania Catalog #2 and ye olde Marvel Value Stamp book (the first version, I believe)

marvelcatalogstampbook1jr.jpg

I'd love to have the first catalog. I passed on one a long time ago because I thought someone had hole-punched it - but that's the way it came! D'OH! Live and learn.

This MVS book is clean, but I'd like to get one where somebody put the stamps in it someday.

Do you know how many make up the complete set? I bought these on ebay in the late 90's thinking it was complete, but your showing 2 or 3 that I don't have. I've got a total of 21.

As near as I can tell, a set is 24 cards. If it's more - I don't have a set!