• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your MMMS (pre 1971) and other Marvel Non Comic Items

157 posts in this topic

Things I want to see the most from members are the MMMS pencil, original shirts, the Marx Train, Tricycle, and Spinners w boxes. And the other paper pennants like this one. I don't see them for sale very often.

mmmsspidey.jpg

Those MMMS items are so neat - where can I join?

Around '73 (sorry for bending the thread) Marvel marketed a comic storage box. It consisted of an inner cardboard rectangle that could fit about 20 books, that fit inside a white outer box with a very cool Steranko rendition of the Marvel pantheon. It was the first comic storage device I used - no wonder few of my early Bronze books survived in NM shape!

570555-Image_1.jpg

One of my best friends has almost all of the MMMS stuff but is still looking intently for the 6 foot Spidey poster.If anyone out there has one,he would certainly pay good money.Are there any repros out there of that?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Best idea for a thread in a looong time.

It's cool to see the button above that I've been using on my avatar for a while now.

Here's the complete Donruss Marvel Super-Heroes card set from 1966 that I bought from the Western Pennsylvania collection:

1125383-66donruss19662.jpg

1125383-66donruss19662.jpg.c598b1d9044ec4b94e6e8b6572e4a72d.jpg

And here are two of the three Marx Spinners.

I have seen the Marx motorscycles (and the Spinners) for sale usually in rough shape and without the box. The Marx train comes up fors sale almost never. One came up on ebay and sold for about $2000 with some wear and no box. Did it come with a box?

asmmarx.jpg

thormarx.jpg

And here are two of the three Marx Spinners.

Very nice. I sold those 2 on ebay around 4 or 5 years ago, although yours look slightly nicer. Kept the the 3rd because the bidder never came through. Here's the final piece to the set, front & back of box.

100_0766.jpg

100_0767.jpg

ft,

You, sir, have some extremely nice examples of those Spidey posters!

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Wow, thanks for sharing those!

I have a short story about the Marvelmania poster that Romita did.

A few years ago, I had John sign the poster. He was very gracious to sign it, but he said he's always had mixed feelings about that poster. He said that Kirby had done the original piece, but that for some reason (either Marvel or the Marvelmania folks - Mark Evanier, I believe - at that time?) somebody wasn't happy with the final piece & they asked John to redo the poster.

John re-did the art & he said that Jack was mad at him about it for years! He thought that John had just gone ahead & changed the artwork on his own, since he was the 'Spidey-guy.' John said that he had tried to tell Jack that wasn't the case but that Jack was still mad about it anyway!

Anyhoo, here's a shot of Jack's original & my signed version of the poster.

spidermankirby0kw.jpg

spiderman5hp.jpg

Just to continue on with the old Marvel posters for a moment: ft's 6-foot Spidey poster is very, very difficult to find - let alone in the condition that his is in! The 4-foot version came out at the same time as a Hulk poster. Those are both quite tough as well.

The Marvelmania posters from 69/70 pop up more often, but they are tough as well, particularly in nice shape.

I know that Kirby had done a version of Captain America, too, for the Marvelmania posters - but that Steranko's version is the one that saw print.

Two of the three coins from the mid-70's.

I don't have the Hulk!

I found this Conan coin in one of the original coin-holders that you could get with the coin.

Seems like you could also wear these as a necklace as well... but I'm getting old. I might be confused!

marvelcoins3kd.jpg

The goods in this thread are tremendous! Love the giant posters, toys (in original boxes!), complete set of cards, and day-glo posters. Great pop culture items from a byegone era. Special thanks, Voltage, for giving us a look at a most excellent Kirby rendition of Spidey.