• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your MMMS (pre 1971) and other Marvel Non Comic Items

157 posts in this topic

Now this one is fairly modern, in comparison to the original request for MMMS stuff.

This was given to me by my LCS back when Spidey & MJ tied the knot. I think Marvel gave them out as promo items. I don't know how tough they are or how common they are, but I absolutely love the piece!

spideyheart1ku.jpg

The light around the Spidey logo has a 'flash' setting, too.

foomkit7rg.jpg

Excellent thread so far with some amazing items. hail.gif

Is there any way you could get a larger scan of the Steranko Hulk drawing in the upper right corner of the above picture? It looks like a killer image. What is it exactly? A mini poster? One of the FOOM issues?

It's Foom issue 2 (or maybe 3).

I still have my original Foom membership kit (sans most of the posters, which once adorned my teenage, comic geeky bedroom), but I'm still kicking myself for passing up new old stock membership kits when Steranko himself was selling off his remainders a few years back. Very reasonably priced too iirc. foreheadslap.gif

still have my original Foom membership kit (sans most of the posters, which once adorned my teenage, comic geeky bedroom), but I'm still kicking myself for passing up new old stock membership kits when Steranko himself was selling off his remainders a few years back. Very reasonably priced too iirc.

Steranko still has them on his site. The complete kit & first 3 issues of Foom for $100. I ran one through the checkout system yesterday & it never told me it was out of stock.

click here

If any of ya want to see my MARVEL RINGS I can send ya a scan of them to post. I can only scan and email. I can't post scans here. These are the rings found in gumball machines. I don't see them around much. Thought you all might want to see something thats not very well known. flowerred.gif

I still have my original Foom membership kit (sans most of the posters, which once adorned my teenage, comic geeky bedroom), but I'm still kicking myself for passing up new old stock membership kits when Steranko himself was selling off his remainders a few years back. Very reasonably priced too iirc. foreheadslap.gif

Thanks. I searching for a copy on eBay right now. thumbsup2.gif

There's a guy on Ebay selling repros (nicely recolored) of the original Marvelmania posters.

Address? I can't seem to find them. You're not talking about those $50 ones, are you? If I can get a good repro for ~$20, that'd be awesome.

There's a guy on Ebay selling repros (nicely recolored) of the original Marvelmania posters.

Address? I can't seem to find them. You're not talking about those $50 ones, are you? If I can get a good repro for ~$20, that'd be awesome.

his ebay i.d. is capt.-loco-big-toys

No auctions at the moment, but I think he has a stack of them and will likely deal off-line. He has 4 or 5 posters, supposedly re-printed off the old plates. He typically sells them for around $15-20 each, though I think I actually got them a bit cheaper.

I think I got the binders & unused notebook from Flying Donut.

You did!

The 60s stuff doesn't do much for me, but I'd I'd LOVE to get more 70s stuff, basically anything that was advertised in a Marvel book from 1975-1978.

Here are the "Vari-Vue" rings, a set of 11 from the Western Penn collection. I'm pretty sure this is the whole 1966 set. You move the rings back and forth and the image changes:

1125417-varirings.gif

I just found something on eBay. One of the flicker pictures is detached from one of these rings, and the manufacturing info is on the back of the picture:

1126495-0ring99.jpg

1126495-0ring99.jpg.9a402490ca7f5c3016c826aa8d53fb13.jpg

Foom 2

Foom 2

That's the one I am watching! laugh.gif Anyone know if that is a fair price. I don't know anything about the market for these issues.

Here are the "Vari-Vue" rings, a set of 11 from the Western Penn collection. I'm pretty sure this is the whole 1966 set. You move the rings back and forth and the image changes:

1125417-varirings.gif

I just found something on eBay. One of the flicker pictures is detached from one of these rings, and the manufacturing info is on the back of the picture:

1126495-0ring99.jpg

Don't know about the Western Penn collection, but I don't think those are the original issue rings. Usually the early vari-vues came on "silver" ring bases, with the blue ones distributed later through gumball machines. There was a warehouse find years ago of various vari-vue stuff, so uncut sheets of the rings aren't terribly rare (and not just of Marvel rings, but Captain Action, Green Hornet, Batman, and others). Even the early rings can be dated by whether they were made in China or Hong Kong (I forget which is earlier). Small distinction maybe...

And then the club card, Thing sticker and button. I used to have the orange one but kind of thought it was ugly.

mmmsbut1.jpg

Here is the other MMMS button, the ugly one grin.gif...

1126499-mmmsbutton.jpg

I want the ugly one, too!

Hey, wait - that didn't sound right... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif